• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

A humble suggestion

Sisco

Thanks Shepp, your a good man and a good Moderator. Mrmackc, after looking at your posts, think I will go the Bassett route myself. I am going to get the higher one to be able to co-use the iron sights, and try compensating by using Primary Arms low mount scope rings on my scope choice to keep the overall height reasonable. Thinking the Primary Arms 1x6 variable scope, but it will be a while. I have good distance scopes on my AR10's, but on this I want something with fast acquisition. 98Z's comments on his Remington 300 WM 700 build got me looking at those scopes, a lot of scope for the money.

6 hours ago, Sisco said:

Thanks Shepp, your a good man and a good Moderator. Mrmackc, after looking at your posts, think I will go the Bassett route myself. I am going to get the higher one to be able to co-use the iron sights, and try compensating by using Primary Arms low mount scope rings on my scope choice to keep the overall height reasonable. Thinking the Primary Arms 1x6 variable scope, but it will be a while. I have good distance scopes on my AR10's, but on this I want something with fast acquisition. 98Z's comments on his Remington 300 WM 700 build got me looking at those scopes, a lot of scope for the money.

After doing some.30CAL thinking a generic "Service Rifle" thread may be beneficial to our members,  without being oppressive and objecti

Sisco that is a good choice, there is a height difference between the Low Bassett Picatinny mount and the High Picatinny mount. There is also a non-Picatinny mount that puts the rings at an angle to the rifle receiver. 

Bassett has a web site.  I don't have a way to do a link right now since I am using my old Kindle Fire for internet access

in the picture above this post of how low the scope is mounted:

please notice how close it is to the rear aperture and the stripper clip guide bracket The rings are Weaver Tac 1" Medium, I have a set of Weaver Tac 1" Xtra High (0.520") high which will give me an additional 0.240" . The shaft on the bottom of the scope only has a few thousandths clearance. I wanted to get it low enough that I wouldn't need a thick add on cheek rest, It will still be iffy.  I will tighten it down with a torque wrench and boresight it before going to the range. The high Bassett mount would be a half inch higher , but the rings would still be close to the Picatilly teeth.

I might just grind a bit off the two teeth next to the shaft.

Edited by mrmackc