Head lamps

shepp

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Been using a petzl for years! Not sure of the model i have but it comes with changable lenses. The main beam is white then you can slide the lens of color over the main beam. Two fer. I think there was a blue/ red/ green. I run the green for ducks. 

Am I the only one who still buys the cheapo $5 LED that clips to the bill of your cap? I have one on my hunting/camp cap and another one clipped onto my backpack. Admittedly, they aren't the best. Hell, they're not even close to decent. What I use them for, they're perfect. 

I almost bought the new USB recharging series from Streamlight.  

Ended up buying a 23$ bushnell from Walmart. I like it so far, batteries are on the back so it's not front heavy, has a hi low white light, red and the a blood tracking light. idk how good it is because I know they used to be pretty pricy, but It wasn't a feature I was looking for so it's just an added bonus 

Robo, used to have those before the lamps got popular never were bright enough for me. 

IMG_4463.JPG

Edited by shepp

59 minutes ago, shepp said:

Ended up buying a 23$ bushnell from Walmart.

I've got 3 of their flashlights.  All 3 are the white/red/blood tracking. I think I bought the first one in 2013. They're holding up well.  You made a good buy.  :thumbup:

During the Holidays take a look at the promotional aisles in the front of a Home Depot. They have a ton of different LED types in the 2 for $8 up to the $25 dollar range. Some of them are really powerful! I buy three or four a year there and give a pack to my son and distribute the others to my cars, hunting pack, etc. Replace the batteries they come with though, they are crap! I probably have 10 or 15 floating around here now. When they break, I just find another.

10 hours ago, Sisco said:

During the Holidays take a look at the promotional aisles in the front of a Home Depot. They have a ton of different LED types in the 2 for $8 up to the $25 dollar range. Some of them are really powerful! I buy three or four a year there and give a pack to my son and distribute the others to my cars, hunting pack, etc. Replace the batteries they come with though, they are crap! I probably have 10 or 15 floating around here now. When they break, I just find another.

I'll have to look into that I carry a mini mag light on my hip for work, I've had two crap out on my in a year or so 

Stopped today, picked up two 100 lumen cheapos for $9.99 for both. Got a 150lumen spot for $14.99 and they also had a 250 lumen spot headband for $29. Already have a couple of those so I didn't buy. The 150 is going in my ATV box for Deer Season, and the other two are going in my wife's car and the Vette.They also have a ton of LED flashlights. Can you tell I am a flashlight junkie?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 11/2/2016 at 7:10 PM, shepp said:

Ended up buying a 23$ bushnell from Walmart. I like it so far, batteries are on the back so it's not front heavy, has a hi low white light, red and the a blood tracking light. idk how good it is because I know they used to be pretty pricy, but It wasn't a feature I was looking for so it's just an added bonus 

Robo, used to have those before the lamps got popular never were bright enough for me. 

IMG_4463.JPG

Follow up I went duck hunting this morning ????, Except the red was kinda dim........ another thing is buttons are impossible with gloves and stif in the cold

55 minutes ago, JJ109 said:

http://www.fenix-store.com/headlamps/

Just throwing this out there. I have a PD35 tac flashlight on one of my AR's. One of the best flashlights i own. Didnt know they made headlamps. Probably my next headlamp when needed. Checked them out if your really looking for top quality lighting. 

Forgot about Fenix.  Just looked and am pretty impressed with all the AA and AAA options for lighting now!