• 4 years later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Frenkelin said:

I'm using Fenix HL60R  and its working good. Its come with all free accessories, lifetime warranty and highly durable construction.

Been using one that looks just like that. Several years of being stored in a vehicle and only seeing spotty use it has never not got the job done. I have had times it got used 4-6 hours a day for the week and never showed a decrease in light. Works whether coming from a 120 degree car or a -15 trunk.

It is a bit heavy compared to others but I haven't had that be an issue, the head strap is well designed.

2 hours ago, DNP said:

I don’t think he clicked the link. 

I did, those are nice head lamps as well but doubt I can afford the cocaine to keep that quality around and working anymore. :thumbup:

On 6/10/2021 at 11:15 AM, Sisco said:

So a 2016 thread. What new technology in headlamps in the last five years?

I've converted to the OLight Perun Mini.  Badass headlamp.  :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Not much has changed in the technology of the original head lamps discussed in this thread. I’ve never really been a fan of that style, but I’ve fondled a few I could tolerate. 

Edited by DNP

Best pound-per-buck, is just get one of the Energizer headlamps.  I keep those things in go-bags, in cars/trucks - just so they're there.  White light'/red light, 3 triple A batts.  Can't go wrong with those thing, and get the highest Lumen one out there.  They're cheap, and damn near foolproof.

I got tired of buying stupid preppy Petzal headlamps that sucked, only because when I needed one, that was the cheapest at Cabelas or wherever.... Worthless pieces of crap!  I came across these and I would recommend ALL of you switch to these.  With my first one, I dropped it down an elevator shaft 4 stories on a hotel I was working st and if survived just fine.  Nifty Tube cycinder for three triple As.  Pretty damn bright.  They say 80 lumens.  Buy these you won’t be sorry.  Keep this company in business for the next time I need to buy one.

14 minutes ago, DustBuster said:

I just looked at the Olight Mini 1000 lumen,

I would advise to not let that beam hit ones eyeball, it will burn through the retina and sizzle the brain I’d imagine.  My stream light practically hurts if looked straight on

You accidently hit a set of plans with 1,000 lumen and you are effectively blind for a bit. Gotten into a habit of looking up and away when I turn on headlamps now that they have become so powerful.

19 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Best pound-per-buck, is just get one of the Energizer headlamps.  I keep those things in go-bags, in cars/trucks - just so they're there.  White light'/red light, 3 triple A batts.  Can't go wrong with those thing, and get the highest Lumen one out there.  They're cheap, and damn near foolproof.

Yup 🍻

38 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

One of the newer technologies is the use of USB charging ,  MAGNETIC charging... 

Had to fix that for you, brother...    That's the newest thing, and it's pretty badass.  Charges faster than other technologies, as far as I've measured. 

21 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Had to fix that for you, brother...    That's the newest thing, and it's pretty badass.  Charges faster than other technologies, as far as I've measured. 

My magnetic charger uses a USB :cool:  ... but yeah the magnetic is superior to the basic hard plug in in several ways.

usb.jpg

I stock up on headlamps at the Home Depot seasonal displays at Christmas time. They offer about 6 different styles up to 700 lumens. Cost about $15 each. I buy 3 or 4 of the brightest ones, because a switch will break, a battery will leak, or a case will crack. When I get down to one that is working I stock up the next Holiday Season.

47 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

My magnetic charger uses a USB :cool:  ... but yeah the magnetic is superior to the basic hard plug in in several ways.

Biggest thing is that through magnetic, and the right (rated) cables, you up the amp charge - so they charge faster. 

On 6/15/2021 at 11:27 PM, Cunuckgaucho said:

One of the newer technologies is the use of USB charging , work supplied headlamps and flashlights have it. Keeping them charged/recharging is easy especially in a vehicle.

Towards the end temp lights on the job were an issue. Headlight on hardhat was a pain.

1 hour ago, unforgiven said:

Headlight on hardhat was a pain.

This one is made for that, brother - I use it at work all the time, but on my forehead, and not a hardhat.  It's got some damn great runtime, and USB charging through a 2.5 Amp cable, so it charges back up pretty fast.  :thumbup:

MIlwaukee 2111-21

Milwaukee 475 Lumens LED Rechargeable Hard Hat Headlamp and BOLT Full Brim  Vented Hard Hat w/ Bonus USB 3.0 Ah Battery-2111-21-48-11-2131-48-73-1010 -  The Home Depot

MILWAUKEE USB Rechargeable Low-Profile Headlamp | Milwaukee Tool

4 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Towards the end temp lights on the job were an issue. Headlight on hardhat was a pain.

I have no shortage of light sources in the work van.

From

p_1001011522.jpg?wid=1000&hei=1000&op_sh

down to multiple flashlights and headlamps. Funny how when the power goes out the lights don't work either.

3 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

I have no shortage of light sources in the work van.

From

p_1001011522.jpg?wid=1000&hei=1000&op_sh

down to multiple flashlights and headlamps. Funny how when the power goes out the lights don't work either.

I'm actually buying 2 of those, for the camp nights...  :thumbup:

8 minutes ago, Cunuckgaucho said:

Fall looking pretty good for crossing border,

I can't wait, brother, no joke.  I hope it all works, and we're not STUPID as a country during that time.

You have to go to Idaho, and get @Magwa.  After that, you need to head west, and get to the northwest side of Seattle-ish, and you two guys need to CUFF-N-STUFF Roman.  Against his own will.  Blindfolded, gagged, hooded, and Chloroformed.  Bag his ass, and DRAG him back down here...   :thumbup: