• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see em boys!!

Hoff

started out with a nice early season 8pt in mid september. Big body wide back. Rack was decent. cant quite get a doe in range though. We need 3 deer for the year in my family we eat alot. long winters up here Lol finishing bow next weekend i hope and then its time for my RRA LAR8 to get some action in late Nov when gun opens up!! love deer hunting with that .308 AR!!

IMG_2029.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

IMG_2033.JPG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks guys!! hoping to keep this train a rollin. Shepp you gotta go. you know you want to! Something about the feeling of walking through the woods with that big azz ar10 in you hands knowing you can blast a large animal, its special hunting with these things. family, time in the woods, pure natural food God its so great!! gets you ready for ice fishing too

1 hour ago, Hoff said:

Thanks guys!! hoping to keep this train a rollin. Shepp you gotta go. you know you want to! Something about the feeling of walking through the woods with that big azz ar10 in you hands knowing you can blast a large animal, its special hunting with these things. family, time in the woods, pure natural food God its so great!! gets you ready for ice fishing too

I know I miss it, but I'm fed up with the guy I hunted with for years. He's like a brother to me his dad showed me how to gut my first deer. That's spoiled it for me, trust me I miss the north woods, but it's easier not going. There are a few places down here I could go, but it would be by myself and it just won't be the same. 

Great looking buck you got there Hoff!!! :thumbup:

This is my first year back in Michigan for the rifle hunt in over 9 years so I'm kinda winging it. Going up to the cabin and bringing a couple friends, I guess we'll see how it all shakes out. Next year there'll be a bit more prep 

7 hours ago, Malig8r said:

Great looking buck you got there Hoff!!! :thumbup:

This is my first year back in Michigan for the rifle hunt in over 9 years so I'm kinda winging it. Going up to the cabin and bringing a couple friends, I guess we'll see how it all shakes out. Next year there'll be a bit more prep 

do some sitting do some drives you guys will see something! Im hoping to tag out 2 more does quick with the bow before the 18th rolls around and i get to really play. Got my ar10 new last year 3 days before gun season and shot a massive booner!! now sunday a good friend is bringing his brand new ar10 build to shoot with me, i think i talked him into sighting it in quick and hunting with it this year. I gotta be ready you never know what you will see in the woods! even on the public land where i hunt!

20 hours ago, shepp said:

I know I miss it, but I'm fed up with the guy I hunted with for years. He's like a brother to me his dad showed me how to gut my first deer. That's spoiled it for me, trust me I miss the north woods, but it's easier not going. There are a few places down here I could go, but it would be by myself and it just won't be the same. 

Thats a real shame bro. that sucks big. But, no time like the present to start some new traditions! Pick you out a spot of good public land, grab some good friends or family, or even try it alone. If you dont hunt i wish you the best year of ice fishing you ever had though sorry about the situation. I know my life long traditions are going to get turned inside out in the next 5 years so I might be in the same boat. but i got two kids counting on me to have hunt and tradition for them someday so i gotta drive on. at least my land should always be there it is public

6 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I spent the last hour of my shift tonight driving 25 in a 55 with windows down yelling at the deer to get off my road. lol. saw 2 nice 8 pointers jump in front of me though, sped up but they got away. :(

If we can figure out how to get propane burners running through there, the time that would save.

On 11/8/2016 at 4:04 PM, Sisco said:

These showed up on my game cams yesterday. Hunting alone this year son won't be hunting.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Nice bucks! the little fella thats a good eater. The other one, is he a big six or a small 8? nice looking buck either way

Looks like Bluetongue is back in NE Nebraska.There was a dead 10 point and 8 point at the creek on my Dad's place there, big bastards. You could smell dead ones in several places where the creek runs by the road so there are plenty more. Thousands of acres around him are all tied up with hunting leases so very few deer are taken causing big population swings, going to be a down year coming.

7 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Looks like Bluetongue is back in NE Nebraska.There was a dead 10 point and 8 point at the creek on my Dad's place there, big bastards. You could smell dead ones in several places where the creek runs by the road so there are plenty more. Thousands of acres around him are all tied up with hunting leases so very few deer are taken causing big population swings, going to be a down year coming.

I take it that's a disease