• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Lets see em boys!!

Hoff

Nice job Mali! Good eating for this winter! And a nice mount besides. This is the largest guy that has been showing up on my trail cams. If I see him i am leaning towards letting him go and see if he can avoid other hunters and wolves and coyotes another year and grow some decent antlers. I will make that decision if and when I get him in my sights.

WGI_0035.JPG

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

the wind was horrid! I had a couple of idiots just walking around my stand. stupid public land. so I didn't see a thing. on my way back to the house I jumped a few deer about 20 yards from my garage... might just sit on my back deck tomorrow with a beer and my rifle.

Public land Wisconsin:   .  <<<

Public land Arizona (or really any state west of the Pecos):

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

|                                                                                                                                                                                                            |

|                                                                                                                                                                                                            |

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

3 hours ago, planeflyer21 said:

Public land Wisconsin:   .  <<<

Public land Arizona (or really any state west of the Pecos):

Depends on where in the state you are, public land where I live is a death wish. Public land up north were I used to hunt, 1000's of acres where you may not see anyone ever. 

I know it's nothing like out west public land tho

18 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

on my way back to the house I jumped a few deer about 20 yards from my garage... might just sit on my back deck tomorrow with a beer and my rifle.

My dad's house in norcal. The doe will come right up and take carrots from him. There's a huge buck that comes up the driveway now and then and stares him down and growls lol. 

One of my friends wife took a small buck last week at 430 yds here in az. She was pretty stoked. Said it was the longest shot she ever took. I was impressed.

0604151457e.jpg

Edited by blue109

Vid worked for me yea the wind and water was kickin pretty good brother. My neighbor has a feeder and saw a 12 point buck come out to eat. We has huge does running around hear also. I am surrounded by DNR property. Just found out I can't use my 14.5 with a comp = 16.1 for hunting. I have to have a 16" barrel. Bummed out about that. Been hammering out a bath remodel. Master is done got the tile guy here working on the second one. Trying to get it done by Thanksgiving. A little stressed right about now. Got my deer reduction permit, hopin to go out next week with neighbor who has a spot close by.

So I switched stand locations yesterday. was so close to my house the DNR would probably want to range it to see if it was legal. lol. but there are deer there and I figured what hunter in his mind would get close to a cop's house? Well 30 minutes before dusk I hear a deer. Finally! All of a sudden I see a white tail and the deer takes off, I'm wondering what spooked it when all of a sudden I see blaze orange walking towards me. I was thinking, you got to be freaking kidding me! Who walks around 30 minutes before dusk?

This is the first year I have hunted on public land, and I hate it. Thousands of acres around here, but all the hunters have to be near my house. wtf :bitchslap:

5 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Vid worked for me yea the wind and water was kickin pretty good brother. My neighbor has a feeder and saw a 12 point buck come out to eat. We has huge does running around hear also. I am surrounded by DNR property. Just found out I can't use my 14.5 with a comp = 16.1 for hunting. I have to have a 16" barrel. Bummed out about that. Been hammering out a bath remodel. Master is done got the tile guy here working on the second one. Trying to get it done by Thanksgiving. A little stressed right about now. Got my deer reduction permit, hopin to go out next week with neighbor who has a spot close by.

Good luck Brother, sorry to hear about your 14.5. Hope you get one.

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

So I switched stand locations yesterday. was so close to my house the DNR would probably want to range it to see if it was legal. lol. but there are deer there and I figured what hunter in his mind would get close to a cop's house? Well 30 minutes before dusk I hear a deer. Finally! All of a sudden I see a white tail and the deer takes off, I'm wondering what spooked it when all of a sudden I see blaze orange walking towards me. I was thinking, you got to be freaking kidding me! Who walks around 30 minutes before dusk?

This is the first year I have hunted on public land, and I hate it. Thousands of acres around here, but all the hunters have to be near my house. wtf :bitchslap:

I have 25 acres I have hunted with permission for years. Think I will eventually buy it. this is all that showed up today.

20161121_153500.jpg