Hoff

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

6 hours ago, sketch said:

Nice rig is that a desiel or gas? Damn stearing wheel is on the wrong side...

Yeah no the steering wheel is on the correct side ;-):-)

Diesel Toyota Forerunner, 3 litre turbo, wife wrote it off about 3 weeks after that photo was taken, lost it on black ice and dropped it into a 12 foot deep culvert, (she was OK), to say I was disappointed is the understatement of the year but we replaced it with the same model just a couple of years younger.

7 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Do you eat the tail?

You can, but they are a a tough animal to process, especially the tail, so we normally just take the hind quarters and back straps.

Edited by 308kiwi

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Sisco said:

Gotta be a Shih Tzu, only dog that likes to lay like that with their back  feet straight out. How does dog taste? And don't say like chicken!

Exactly.  We had one for almost 15-years, lost him about 3 months ago.  He laid like that continuously.  The rescue we got just before we lost the Shih Tzu, a Cavachon (St. Charles Spaniel crossed with a Bichon Frise) will lie like that once and a while but not regularly.

12 hours ago, EngrBob said:

Exactly.  We had one for almost 15-years, lost him about 3 months ago.  He laid like that continuously.  The rescue we got just before we lost the Shih Tzu, a Cavachon (St. Charles Spaniel crossed with a Bichon Frise) will lie like that once and a while but not regularly.

We had two, one died post op. Inherited my Mother in laws two when she passed. So now we have three between 12 and 17 years. Can't get the Newfoundland I want until a couple pass away.

15 hours ago, The Father said:

IMG_1012.thumb.JPG.11d6f81a0f805996ec0b40a481a678dd.JPGbagged these two on a single shot. The dog jumped in front of the mallard 

Father, I hope you didn't use your PSA, to bag them at distance, the joy of pursueing Shih Tzu is in the stalk. By the way, mallard tastes like dog. 

• 2 months later...

Way to go Boot!   No public land huntin in Texas  ...You either own it or buy into a private lease.... I do recall getting a Texas public land map for dove hunting.so me and my buddy go hunt dove on this farmland...not a dove in 50 miles....get ready to leave and my jeep wouldn't start wouldn't turn over dead in the water...im saying like theres  no doves people or a PEP Boys...my buddy sez gimme the biggest screwdriver you got...here ya go...I got the key on  standing outside  hes under there and with a shower of sparks it turns over and runs...starter solenoid kinda thing... that was my one and only public land hunt           Wash     

7 hours ago, washguy said:

Way to go Boot!   No public land huntin in Texas  ...You either own it or buy into a private lease.... I do recall getting a Texas public land map for dove hunting.so me and my buddy go hunt dove on this farmland...not a dove in 50 miles....get ready to leave and my jeep wouldn't start wouldn't turn over dead in the water...im saying like theres  no doves people or a PEP Boys...my buddy sez gimme the biggest screwdriver you got...here ya go...I got the key on  standing outside  hes under there and with a shower of sparks it turns over and runs...starter solenoid kinda thing... that was my one and only public land hunt           Wash     

Yeah Wash,  it's a different hunt. You gotta go deep on public land. I use my boat to travel to my areas. Then pull up some hip boots for the trek. No feeders or cameras are allowed so you gotta get em on their terms. On top of that, there is an "if it's brown, it's down" mentality on south Louisiana public land.