• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Remington 770 .30-06

ARTrooper

So I got a little time to shoot today but got in a little rush at the end. So here it is...

Conditions:
60 degrees F
53% humidity
10 mph winds
Sunny
1pm-1:30pm

Range: 50 yards, wish I could have shot 100 or farther but no connections up here yet really.

Shooting in the prone with Harris bipod. Shot what I had left of the Winchester Super X 180 grain power-points I got from my father in law. Then 12 rounds of the new Winchester Deer Season XP 150 grain extreme points.

20161114_131844.jpg

6 rounds of the new 150 grains at 50 yards

20161114_133053.jpg

12 rounds of the 150s, was rushing the last 6 since I am running late for getting ready for work right now. haha.

20161114_133012.jpg20161114_133027.jpg

2 separate 3 round groups with the 180 grains.

So as you can see in the pictures, the 150s are more accurate. Less recoil was also noticeable with the 150s which was nice since I broke my collar bone a couple of years ago. Some of the polymer tips on them were not to the quality of hornadys I have shot in the past, but also almost half the price I paid here. Even with the polymer tips, the Remington 770 still had feeding issues, I did find that having 3 rounds in the mag instead of the 4 it can hold did cut down on the issues. Scope was ok, didn't seem consistent with adjustments, but seems to do the job considering it is a package deal. Trigger on the rifle was heavy and felt gritty, probably the biggest problem I had with the rifle because I can get over the feeding issues with a little time and patience but nothing I could do about the trigger. As far as accuracy, I would say it is pretty respectable for a cheap hunting rifle. Though I only shot at 50 yards, I think I could get it to shoot 1.5 moa at 100 yards from a bench with a rest.

All in all, it will kill deer. now we will just have to wait and see how the bullets perform upon impact. ;)

lol. I know. I was having to much fun. I don't get to shoot as much as I like, so I figured why not. plus the rifle probably has only had 52 rounds through it in its life, so the barrel was hungry. :P

worth buying new, no, but worth buying used for a good price, I would say so since it isn't a horrible rifle.

2 hours ago, Sisco said:

I hope you guys have deer down south there. So far I had three different bucks show up on cams one day/night. Nothing since then. No does, no bucks. Just Foxes, raccoons, squirrels, ravens and blue jays. Might be lean pickings up here this year.

Buddy said he was plowing a field a doe ran out 10 min later a big 8 came out trying to figure out where she went thru the fresh plowed feild said 15 min after him came a 6 then another 8.