• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

LaRue MBT-2 Trigger $99

jtallen83

47 minutes ago, GRA said:

I'm still scratching my head on these 2-stage triggers.

I keep on placing it as a muzzleloader 2-stage type trigger but I've been told this is not necessarily the same thing.

Not like a set trigger at all. Basically has a 2 1/2 pound take up to a "wall" for lack of a better term, then another 2 pounds and it breaks, like a glass rod, super crisp. Pull is smooth all the way. Because you already have the 2 1/2 pounds on it the extra 2 is really all you notice so they feel lighter. At least that is m y take on a 2 stage.

So you're saying there is no distinctive index (or stop, or notch, for lack of a best term) you feel before the 2nd. stage breaks?

In reading what you've posted I'm getting the impression it's more like the slight index on a revolver trigger?

9 hours ago, GRA said:

So you're saying there is no distinctive index (or stop, or notch, for lack of a best term) you feel before the 2nd. stage breaks?

In reading what you've posted I'm getting the impression it's more like the slight index on a revolver trigger?

No, you feel it when it hits the second stage but there is no more travel, it just breaks at the 2 pounds added pressure.

• 4 weeks later...

Picked mine up today - When I ordered, I checked the "I got plenty of time" block, and it came in today.  Along with a PLETHORA of goodies from them.  They included the new catalog, and a second copy of the catalog had a sticker on the front that said, "Here's an extra catalog for your shootin' buddy. ML"  :laffs: Stickers, Beverage Entry Tool (Christmas Edition), Dillo Dust, all the stuff.  Just for a trigger...  They fukkin' ROCK.

Oh, the trigger is great, too - very,very nice, with distinctive stages, and I like it alot. Immediately stuck it into the .338 Fed Pig Puncher, as it creeps along in completion...  :thumbup:

• 1 month later...
On 12/21/2016 at 9:05 PM, 98Z5V said:

Picked mine up today - When I ordered, I checked the "I got plenty of time" block, and it came in today.  Along with a PLETHORA of goodies from them.  They included the new catalog, and a second copy of the catalog had a sticker on the front that said, "Here's an extra catalog for your shootin' buddy. ML"  :laffs: Stickers, Beverage Entry Tool (Christmas Edition), Dillo Dust, all the stuff.  Just for a trigger...  They fukkin' ROCK.

Oh, the trigger is great, too - very,very nice, with distinctive stages, and I like it alot. Immediately stuck it into the .338 Fed Pig Puncher, as it creeps along in completion...  :thumbup:

I got the same goodies.  Dillo Dust is TOPS.  :thumbup:

They also included 3 pocket size copies of the Constitution and Bill of Rights.  Indeed they are a class act.  :hail:

Haven't installed mine yet but it's most likely going in this next week.  Rain until Wednesday.  Most likely try it out then or Thursday.

• 1 month later...

This time they are sending a trigger chassis for free and say the triggers will ship immediately. 

Came to my senses after the first order and went back in to order the whole package even with paying shipping twice it's a steal!

Edited by jtallen83
Updated

Ordered up 4 just now...

1 for the .308, 1 for the wife's Bushy, 1 for a friend, and 1 for the rifle I may build sometime in the future...

Thanks for the heads up!

They're also offering one of their A-PEG grips as part of the package for an additional $10. Picked up a couple of those to try out.

Edited by COBrien

• 1 month later...