• Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
survivalshop

JAMES MADISON TACTICAL Trigger for AR's

17 hours ago, mrmackc said:

I would be skeptical that the anti-rotation pin comes with the Brownells trigger, that may be the reason for the difference in price.

Brownsville deleted mention of the pin set in their description.

I didn't expect them to be included , Brownells usually give accurate descriptions of the products they sell . Don't really need the anti pins anyway .

19 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I didn't expect them to be included , Brownells usually give accurate descriptions of the products they sell . Don't really need the anti pins anyway .

That has been my experience with Brownells  Damn this stupid self- righteous spelling computer! Brownsville my ass!

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

This one is proving that is true , they are very good dogs , I've seen a couple that are real hyper when they are young , but I have not had that issue & I have had five of them .All but one were white . 

I'm a fan, I've always had great experiences with boxers. 

Did you manage to get a little trigger time with your jmt by chance?  My lgs has a POF trigger that I'm barely resisting.  I don't know how much more willpower I have 

I'm working on it , I put the Trigger in my 300BLK & I've been reloading for it this last week when I can , (this new Puppy has me hog tied )

I'm loading what 110 gr. bullets I have left & going to order 125's for the cases I have left . There's a Bullet type I want to try & its a matter of finding it at a good price . I may go to the range tomorrow , hard to say , just too busy & it was a beautiful day today .

I did get some Trigger time with the JMT , not in the 300BLK I first installed it in , but my 25-45 Sharps build , but it failed testing . Had multiple double fires when it did reset , most of the time the Hammer never reset to cocked position . I believe the Hammer was following the BCG back into battery . The double taps happened with the first mag or two , then it was a one shot , recharge the action ,then one shot , would not reset on firing a round , even though the action would lock back on last round with the Mag. every time .

So I talked to them on the Phone & they sent me a Return Label to send it back & I got it back pretty quick , about a week turn around . The back of the package reads it was inspected , the Hammer looks new , not a mark on it , were the one I sent had BC friction marks on the Hammer face , looks good & I installed it back in the 25-45 Sharps to test this week . I will take some trigger measurements later , for breaking pressure , but it feels good , as did the first one , slight amount of creep & crisp release .

Oh man!  Been a while since I've posted, been busier than a cat covered in peanut butter.  Thanks for the update.  I ended up going with the POF enhanced finger placement.  I guess I'm glad I didn't buy that trigger group.  Hopefully the problem is isolated to the one trigger.  Keep us posted!

Edited by B0fuh

5 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

For anyone willing to gamble that there is not a problem with all of their triggers, you can get one with the anti-rotation pins for $85 here.  Use code Trigger15 for 15% off and free shipping.

They are a good looking FCG , look well made , I will be retesting mine next week .

DSCN3047.thumb.JPG.cf4df9e15dd02837fd8609e15437dade.JPG

DSCN3048.thumb.JPG.59f698add9179ba9f8e24bb4126e68a0.JPGDSCN3049.thumb.JPG.1f903c127fea6d82c571a519f436e1b4.JPG

DSCN3050.thumb.JPG.33d419dab95f546743cbf57d06f2b1f3.JPG

DSCN3051.thumb.JPG.1c4a33ce9c3bab13e8474b95a2b4f07e.JPG

I took some reading on the Trigger today , because I plan to shoot tomorrow (  Looks like Rain & windy ) but may not , I try to take trip #'s of the Triggers Sear before it has been used & after , jut to see if it changes . I record them . 

Consistant 3 1/4 - 3 1/2 #  on my gage . Feels good , can't wait to try it out .

Got a chance to try of the James Madison Tactical Trigger today & it worked great , had a little creep before breaking , much like a two stage Trigger , clean glass like break & I'm very happy with it now. This is the first chance I had to play with it since I got it back from him & I need to email him& tell him it worked flawlessly .

Its in my 25-45 Sharps rifle & if it wouldn't have been a gusty wind day I could have made a one hole group , as it was , once I dialed in the Scope with the new load , some were in one hole & I was shooting ten shot groups .