California peeps is this for real?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

The most infuriating part is state representatives are exempt from these laws.

The very definition of tyranny.

I wanted to say , how is that even possible , but then I woke back up & realized where we are talking about .

This reminds me of the line in the first Blade Runner Movie , when they wanted him to come back to work & the Boss Cop said , You know if your not Cop , your Little People , same goes here for elected officials , everyone else is little People .

• 3 months later...

Resurection because I dont want to start a new thread....but I saw this on the big AR forum and it turns my stomach. 

Hey all, 

Un-fun story to tell. 12sh years ago I bought my first AR15 and since then I have bought and sold many ARs. 

As of last week I had 2 lowers that were from pre-2016 and 2 lowers I purchased in 2017. 

Not knowing any better, I configured all for of them with bullet buttons, fixed stocks, muzzlebreaks and pistol grips. 

I then re-registered all the bullet button guns via the DOJ's website. 

Last Thursday at 8:30PM I received a knock at my front door and on the other side of it were 6 DOJ officers in full tactical gear with 3 unmarked Ford Explorers parked on the street. I live in a nice neighborhood full of $700k houses, so their presence was definitely noticed. 

I greeted them warmly and asked what I could do for them. They told me that I had registered my ARs on the DOJ website and they were coming by to verify what I had was what I registered. Thinking I was on the up-and-up, I brought them into my garage, opened my gunsafe, and allowed them to inspect my rifles. After a couple minutes, the officer in charge turned to me and said "good news is, you did everything like you were supposed to. You had AR15s with bullet buttons and you registered them like an honest citizen. Bad news is, you have configured 2 of your rifles illegally, and we are going to confiscate them for destruction."

I was completely taken off guard as all 4 of my ARs were configured roughly the same way, the only real difference was barrel length, optic, and caliber. They all had the same muzzle break, the same stock, the same grips, the same free-float handguards, etc. etc. To the untrained eye, they all looked like the same gun. 

But, I was not aware of the changes that came in 1/2017.

I asked them permission to remove my upper from the lowers to allow them to take the lowers and they refused. I asked them permission to remove my optics from the uppers and they refused. They took the guns exactly as they found them. I asked them if they had opened my safe and found the lowers sitting their with uppers/optics unattached, would they have taken the upper/optics and they said "no". 

Long story short...know the laws. And maybe leave your lowers and your uppers separate of each other while being stored. 

RIP to my AR10 and one of my AR15s...there goes $3k down the drain.

Its in the CA hometown section.  I was searching for unrelated info and a link brought me there, and I started browsing threads. Wow. What a shithole. the irony of that level of oppression coming from snowflake stronghold. Ive honestly never understood why the left hates guns so much. It doesnt really seem to make sense with their political ideology.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/I-didn-t-understand-the-law-and-the-DOJ-confiscated-my-ARs/11-623550/

Edited by blue109

56 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Its in the CA hometown section.  I was searching for unrelated info and a link brought me there, and I started browsing threads. Wow. What a shithole. the irony of that level of oppression coming from snowflake stronghold. Ive honestly never understood why the left hates guns so much. It doesnt really seem to make sense with their political ideology.  

https://www.ar15.com/forums/Hometown/I-didn-t-understand-the-law-and-the-DOJ-confiscated-my-ARs/11-623550/

It is for your own good dumb crazy creature.  We of the elitist culture will decide what is best, and all private ownership of deadly stuff like guns and spears, swords and machetes must be eliminated from society!

From my understanding the guvmint already has a real good idea what all is out there just by the 4473(s) alone.  All of this information is in a database somewhere along with the NIICS information that is NOT supposed to be stored as records.  Not all firearms are with the initial purchasers but enough of them are.  The guvmint at least knows what has been sold initially.

IMHO what this translates to is the reason for the push for a formal registry (like Canada had but just trashed after 10 years of getting nowhere) is to simply use the existence of it to falsely justify charging another tax.  This revenue will allow the Democrats to pocket and spend more of our money they way they want as opposed to WE THE PEOPLE spending the funds the way WE want.  The registry will cost nowhere near the amount of tax revenue charged and collected however Congress will lie and claim otherwise to avoid being called out for "taxation without representation".  Simply put, this is more communist bullpoopy.

For the longest time I've seen the reason(s) for gun control as basically 50% pushing for it because they are paranoid, dominating and controlling communists that want as little resistance as possible when they move to take over the country.  The other 50% calling for gun control doesn't really care about firearms and/or firearms issues at all yet they see 2nd. Amendment issues (like immigration issues) as another political football (for votes) and an extra revenue source.

Both sides are treasonous and need to be dealt with accordingly. 

10 hours ago, blue109 said:

I received a knock at my front door and on the other side of it were 6 DOJ officers in full tactical gear with 3 unmarked Ford Explorers parked on the street.

idk how any officer that truly cares about the people could go to the house of a person trying to do the right thing and take their property, or enforce laws that restrict constitutional rights. I couldn't do it.