• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Favor Needed from a SR762 Owner

jtallen83

I need a bolt catch for a Ruger SR762. Ruger will provide one free to an owner of the rifle, just need to give them a serial number. I have a Matrix receiver but no Ruger rifle. Ruger will not simply sell me one so working with a SR762 owner looks like my only option. If anyone can help shoot me a PM please.

8 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Would it be possible to approximate a serial number by looking at Ruger's page?

http://www.ruger.com/service/productHistory/RI-SR762.html

I thought about that but my luck I would fake a number that had been stolen and have a SWAT team raid the place.

Not sure I understand why they will not just sell one. Sig is the same way with their parts.

2 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Didn't 98 work out something for his ? There was a thread somewhere around here on it , he did several things & I think he fixed the issue . 

Is this about the Lancer Mag's ?

I think 98 modified an Armalite B model catch ? What Chris puts in his LPK matches the B model Armalite but has a bit trimmed off the top.

The Lancer mag issue is what made me look into it, the tab on the Matrix catch is just a hair off center compared to where they hit on my 716, got me what the Ruger catch would look like. I would love to be able to make the Lancers reliable in my Matrix build.

On 1/7/2017 at 11:45 PM, sketch said:

Silly that parts arnt available! 

Newer platform , its a way to do R&D on it , they have control of what is going on & may make allegations the the system if needed , among other things .

You might be surprised , it may be a DPMS Bolt Catch , doubtful its an AR 10 . Could also be proprietary as you are thinking . I just think its Tolerance stacking , if Mega is the same as the SR762 , then there should be no issues & they should know what Bolt Catch is used . Altering an AR10 Bolt Catch , seems kind of strange , if you know what I mean .

Edited by survivalshop

Just wasted a half hour on the phone with Ruger CS. Holly says call this number, they will sell you one. Josh says no serial number, no part. Went back and forth a couple times, talked to supervisors but no luck even talking to someone that understood there are different bolt catches, told me they use mil spec parts on the SR762.............