• Visit Sportsmans Guide

first build woes, don't know what I don't know

MikeD

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, Matt.Cross said:

You would think that after spewing dozens of mouthfuls of drink onto my computer screen and phone, I would learn not to drink while reading these threads.....

we all start somewhere, some of us are "hard learners" as well

8 hours ago, Matt.Cross said:

You would think that after spewing dozens of mouthfuls of drink onto my computer screen and phone, I would learn not to drink while reading these threads.....

I usually do that in person by an off color comment !

Did that to coworker in the conference room at Shasta once. 50$Bill spued soda out of his nose and mouth on the table. 

• 1 year later...

jesus, over a year without an update.  quickly:

I ordered the Aero BCG last November just to be sure of the fit with the stripped Aero upper I bought to replace my AR10 upper mistake.  I was then able to confirm that it fits the same as the DWilson BCG I was concerned about the fit on earlier in this thread, Aero has FA, DW does not.  Keep one, sell the other

Aero charging handle and Aero ejection port cover came later that same month.

These have been in for awhile now. 

This May I ordered the Magpul Commercial-Spec CTR, $45 through Buds

Still have to get the 80% lower into the jig and get it milled out to finish out the back end of the rifle, but what I have is all loose fit and sitting on my desk to remind me to get it done.

Ordered the rest of the parts yesterday, first part through Brownells:

Faxon 10A810M16NPQ 16" pencil barrel, $225
Superlative Arms SABODI750SS- AR-15 ADJUSTABLE GAS BLOCK .750" SOLID, $89
DPMS F1000377 mid length gas tube, $19
Smith Enterprise 1005SS - AR .308 Muzzle Brake 30 Caliber, $109
Shipping $4

Order total was $447

Through Granite Ridge:

Aero Precision M5 (.308) Enhanced M-LOK  Handguard - Gen 2, 12" with Aero/DPMS threaded barrel nut, $159 w/free shipping

Order total was $159 

I *think* that a mag is the only thing left to get on order, not sure why I didn't get it handled yesterday.

Everything should be in next week, then get the fun of test fitting everything and milling and drilling the lower and seeing it all put together.

Side note, decided to apply for CCW permit, the class through the sheriffs office happens next month, I'm in a friendly CA county, whoda known such a thing existed...

• 2 weeks later...

rest of my shite hit this week, loose assembled everything, looks amazing and all makes more sense now.  might still have a prob with the fitment between the poly lower and the Aero upper but we'll see once I get it all together if I really have a problem