• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Elftmann trigger WARNING

Thorax

Just talked to him on the phone - he's local.  We'll get this shiit sorted out.  He's working during the Fall Shoot, but we'll figure it out.  If any of you lazy sum'bitches show up early, he can shoot on Thursday. That would be PRIME TIME.   You slackers won't do that, though...  :laffs:

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

14 minutes ago, H2ODog said:

Forgot the wife has an all day event i need to be at on Thursday. Looks like i can make it down Saturday morning when i get off work. Just need to be back in G town by 1-2

We can do that, man. I'll call you and get the directions to you.  :thumbup:

18 hours ago, shepp said:

i should bring that trigger with me next week and make a video on how to fix the cock sucker

Bring it, brother - we'll put it in something, and shot the piss out of it. And get your confidence back in it.  It's a damn great trigger.

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

Bring it, brother - we'll put it in something, and shot the piss out of it. And get your confidence back in it.  It's a damn great trigger.

Im confident you did, I just don’t have a home for it atm, probably put it in the .45 if I ever get my ass moving on that. I put the mech arms in its place and really like it 

Edited by shepp

• 2 weeks later...

So I put a little longer buffer spring that came from the same place. It just happened to be about 1/2-3/4 longer to see if it changed anything. Tried 5 different brands from 125gr to 143gr. Had occasional misfires with all the brands now. Noticed that the BCG seems to be hitting the lower receiver at the bottom of the ring that the buffer tube screws into. Enough to chink the billet pretty good. Think maybe a possibility could be it is hitting hard enough to cause the trigger to jump into the drop safety position? Think that might be a gas problem? Thoughts?

Thanks!

Man, I'm sorry I missed your msgs last weekend.  Lot's of activity, and spotty comms out there...

What you're describing is a recoil system mis-match in parts...  That's the only reason that BCG body will contact the lower receiver.  Please list the parts in the recoil system - internal depth on the receiver extension, buffer type and length, spring length (coil count and overall relaxed length, and wire diameter if you can).  :thumbup:

I don't know if that would affect the Elf trigger function - but it's not impossible.