• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Olympic Arms demise

7 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Exactly - the .45 will be a 200-yard gun - YES, it can accurately hit 200-yard steel. Shocking.

Primary Arms red dot on that bitch.  :thumbup:

That's the plan, good news is I got a rear sight, trigger and a few other parts laying around I can put on it

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Exactly - the .45 will be a 200-yard gun - YES, it can accurately hit 200-yard steel. Shocking.

Primary Arms red dot on that bitch.  :thumbup:

I believe it.  We regularly shoot at 100 with various .45acp pistols.

The 255gr FNL cowboy bullets swing the steel more than 5.56x45.

Still not as much as the .308 though.

1 minute ago, edgecrusher said:

No pistol upper for sale.... I'm out. I'm not really into the 16", wanted something for my sbr lower..... if someone can find it I'll jump on it....  but I looked and it seems they only sell the 16" as a stand alone 

ADCO cuts and threads AR barrels.  There is no gas system that will have to be tweaked after cutting the barrel down.

I'm just sayin;...

20 minutes ago, edgecrusher said:

It's not the exact one I want. They offer optics ready complete with the A2 ft post but not as a stand alone. I'll probably change the gas block and hand guard if I buy. 

That was my plan to order the cheap one then customize 

• 4 weeks later...

Talked to Oly Arms on 27 Feb, about a pending order - wanted to check on it the day before they were set to close.

They will be staying open in the near future, in order to provide small parts.  Also pending is a buyout by somebody - not sure who, they didn't say, and I didn't ask.  At any rate, any orders placed before they "closed" will be fulfilled. 

They did say that they received ALOT of orders before the 27th...

:thumbup:

Nice, due to everything else going on in my life I wasn't able to get the .45 upper that I wanted so at least I might have a chance to pick one up in the future - saw this on their F/B

Olympic Arms, Inc.

Olympic Arms, Inc. All signs are pointing towards some sort of Olympic Arms continuing in the future. IF it does, it will certainly be under new management/ownership

• 5 months later...

My Oly Arms/CNC Guns Project is steadily moving forward - was able to "pull some strings" and have mags sent to my FFL, Have the upper almost ready - just waiting on $   for a BCG, Almost done with a "fixed mag" mag catch that requires the upper to be cracked open to release the mag, My FFL (07) has made arrangements with justin @CNC to engrave my FFL's info so he can "manufacture" it under his brand - nice to see this project finally coming together:banana:

Anyone else got any cool Oly Arms builds in the works?

Just caught this update from Oly Arms:  http://www.olyarms.com/

"Press Release 7-28-2017

Thank you all for your years of patronage, and for continuing your interest with Olympic Arms. As time moves forward, we’d like to update our customers and followers with the latest information regarding the changes here at Olympic Arms.

First of all, we’d like to apologize for any confusion that currently may exist. Circumstances since our original announcement made January 2017 have changed, and remain fluid. During this period of change, we’d like to assure you that Olympic Arms remains open and active, and that you may continue to purchase with confidence.

Current market trends are forcing a restructuring of operations and an inevitable downsizing. However, at this time our full intent is to continue uninterrupted operations and pursue a variety of options that allow us to move forward continuing our innovation in the AR15 industry, and the possible expansion into other arenas within the industry. No paths are off-limits to our consideration.

You may have heard or understood that Olympic Arms is in the process of entertaining offers for the sale or restructuring of the company. This too is accurate. Some offers being considered include the complete transfer of ownership of Olympic Arms, while others may include a reorganization and moving forward with the same or similar management. At this time, we are not certain which outcome will prevail, so we continue to move forward with the utmost optimism.

It is probable that whatever solution is found, Olympic Arms will relocate within the next calendar year. This relocation will likely be a local move, but if the company is sold as entire entity, this decision will be made at that time, and every effort will be made to offer continued service to our entire customer base."

Thank you again for all your kind words, emails and phone calls of support during this challenging time. We will do our best to keep you posted as things progress.

Sounds encouraging:thumbup:

Edited by guruofhotrod

On 2/9/2017 at 8:11 AM, edgecrusher said:

No pistol upper for sale.... I'm out. I'm not really into the 16", wanted something for my sbr lower..... if someone can find it I'll jump on it....  but I looked and it seems they only sell the 16" as a stand alone 

@edgecrusher, Tom at Oly Arms had no problem selling a .45 6.5" pistol barrel - cost me around $200.00 - 98 has been extremely helpful with coming up with specs on modifying a standard upper to accommodate the Oly ejector system (Espring) - pretty easy stuff to do, makes it easy and more cost effective to get the upper you are looking for.:thumbup:

4 hours ago, guruofhotrod said:

My Oly Arms/CNC Guns Project is steadily moving forward - was able to "pull some strings" and have mags sent to my FFL, Have the upper almost ready - just waiting on $   for a BCG, Almost done with a "fixed mag" mag catch that requires the upper to be cracked open to release the mag, My FFL (07) has made arrangements with justin @CNC to engrave my FFL's info so he can "manufacture" it under his brand - nice to see this project finally coming together:banana:

Anyone else got any cool Oly Arms builds in the works?

Just caught this update from Oly Arms:  http://www.olyarms.com/

"Press Release 7-28-2017

Thank you all for your years of patronage, and for continuing your interest with Olympic Arms. As time moves forward, we’d like to update our customers and followers with the latest information regarding the changes here at Olympic Arms.

First of all, we’d like to apologize for any confusion that currently may exist. Circumstances since our original announcement made January 2017 have changed, and remain fluid. During this period of change, we’d like to assure you that Olympic Arms remains open and active, and that you may continue to purchase with confidence.

Current market trends are forcing a restructuring of operations and an inevitable downsizing. However, at this time our full intent is to continue uninterrupted operations and pursue a variety of options that allow us to move forward continuing our innovation in the AR15 industry, and the possible expansion into other arenas within the industry. No paths are off-limits to our consideration.

You may have heard or understood that Olympic Arms is in the process of entertaining offers for the sale or restructuring of the company. This too is accurate. Some offers being considered include the complete transfer of ownership of Olympic Arms, while others may include a reorganization and moving forward with the same or similar management. At this time, we are not certain which outcome will prevail, so we continue to move forward with the utmost optimism.

It is probable that whatever solution is found, Olympic Arms will relocate within the next calendar year. This relocation will likely be a local move, but if the company is sold as entire entity, this decision will be made at that time, and every effort will be made to offer continued service to our entire customer base."

Thank you again for all your kind words, emails and phone calls of support during this challenging time. We will do our best to keep you posted as things progress.

Sounds encouraging:thumbup:

Every time I think hey I need to order a lower somthing comes up

8 hours ago, guruofhotrod said:

@edgecrusher, Tom at Oly Arms had no problem selling a .45 6.5" pistol barrel - cost me around $200.00 - 98 has been extremely helpful with coming up with specs on modifying a standard upper to accommodate the Oly ejector system (Espring) - pretty easy stuff to do, makes it easy and more cost effective to get the upper you are looking for.:thumbup:

I picked one up and have a .45 11.5 upper, good looking out though

IMG_0518.JPG