• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

BUIS alignment, and Red Dot QD issues-a 2fer

DNP

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

FWIW, after it's zero'd, it won't need to be adjusted anymore.  Would it not get to a zero-state the way it is now?

That's a good point. Not like we'll be dialing in clicks for a 15 mph wind. Lol.

I guess it's more a sign that something is wrong. And it is. 

How come none of you bastards told me we have the MBUS on backwards?  Crap. Not the issue...but hell.  

Heres a photo from the guys running JL Billet. We took it to them to get a look at. (Convienient to rent office space to a manufacturer). Says the rail is a bit thin, which is why the aimpoint mount is cranked all the way down too. 

image.jpeg

Fun fact...so our dumb asses having the MBUS backwards, when turned around and adjusted to line up with the aimpoint and the front sight-the MBUS sits right in the middle.  Need to go fire for confirmation. Seems odd to me that mounted backwards will change it that much, but hey...I don't know much. The specs for the rail say .835 -0.005, so we're only .007 under the lowest tolerance, but again...I don't know much and that may be a mile as far as metal cares, or it may be no big deal. Would make sense that the aimpoint mount has to be extra tight though.