• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

25-45 Sharps anyone .

survivalshop

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^^  True - biggest thing for me is I don't have to get a custom-manufactured barrel, and I don't have to modify a die set, with reforming/reloading dies already available.  :thumbup:

Oh, and I don't have to do anything to the brass, besides neck it up - unlike the process for 300BLK that I have to do.

On 3/24/2017 at 8:47 AM, 98Z5V said:

^^^  True - biggest thing for me is I don't have to get a custom-manufactured barrel, and I don't have to modify a die set, with reforming/reloading dies already available.  :thumbup:

Oh, and I don't have to do anything to the brass, besides neck it up - unlike the process for 300BLK that I have to do.

The .277 Wolverine brass is about the same as the 300BO process. Lee dies , 223 brass , ar15 mags.

I have a full Seekins upper/lower build with a SRC 25/45 barrel. I built it way back about 3 years ago, right after SHOT where I first found it. I have back-burnered it, mainly because I lost interest in it and no one else even heard of it. I did kill 2 pigs with it, though.My avatar picture is me with the 25/45 and one of the pigs.

On 3/24/2017 at 11:47 AM, 98Z5V said:

Good points :thumbup:

13 hours ago, SwampGunnr said:

I have a full Seekins upper/lower build with a SRC 25/45 barrel. I built it way back about 3 years ago, right after SHOT where I first found it. I have back-burnered it, mainly because I lost interest in it and no one else even heard of it. I did kill 2 pigs with it, though.My avatar picture is me with the 25/45 and one of the pigs.

Bring that thing outta mothballs and fire it back up, man!  Welcome aboard.

• 2 weeks later...

Got the barrel and the RCBS 3-die set ordered today.  My gun pusher is feeling sorry for me, I can tell.  My price on the barrel is $185 and the die set will set me back $67.  That's a pretty damn good deal with regular price on the barrel being $230 and the dies going for $87.  :thumbup:

16 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Got the barrel and the RCBS 3-die set ordered today.  My gun pusher is feeling sorry for me, I can tell.  My price on the barrel is $185 and the die set will set me back $67.  That's a pretty damn good deal with regular price on the barrel being $230 and the dies going for $87.  :thumbup:

Sounds like he likes you. Good deal!

Getting closer - these beasts are what I will go with most of the time.  Sierra GameKing 90gr BTHP and RL-7.  I cannot wait to put one of these in a coyote.

Dies and barrel should be in next week.

P1050550.JPG

P1050553.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

11 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

I'm sure they will work wonders for coyotes... but still wondering how it will do with deer.

Here's a report vs. whitetail

http://ar15hunter.com/forum/index.php?/topic/23-25-45-sharps/

There are many more testimonials on www.quarterbore.net.  It's quite the deer cartridge, man.  :thumbup:

http://www.quarterbore.net/forums/showthread.php?t=9418

Edited by 98Z5V

Damn , that's the best review I have seen or read , Factory ammo , from what it looked . Impressive . Too bad we couldn't see the sight in targets at those ranges . 

Damn it 98 , now I have to have one & have made my mind up & its still going to be a 20" BBL.

Edit , he doesn't need to talk me into a JP hand Guard , I have two .

Edited by survivalshop

I found that last night and was shocked - I didn't think you'd be able to dial up the mil drop for 800, and hit with this cartridge.  Especially the 87gr factory ammo.

I was already committed - my barrel and dies should be here anytime now.

SS, welcome to the family, brother!  :lmao::banana: