• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Rossi 12ga shotgun pistol

MikedaddyH

59 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Hey guys, doesn't Mike's posting of this video fall under 'the rule'?

First thought..........Abso-Fuking-Lutely!

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

He better find a way out of this, fast-like.  I'm thinking this might have come in handy last Saturday night...   :box1:

Ya buncha Cock-Teasers.

I have shot a pistol gripped sawed off shotgun with a 12” barrel. Snappy !

Tom you were my human shield ! I had the 10mm drawn and behind my back the whole time. I would have iced the A$$ hole in the bed of the truck first !:fullauto: I came out of the shadows after they stopped , I was behind you !

2 hours ago, beantown said:

I have an old Savage single shot 12 gauge........how is this legal? I'm all over it if it is.  :banana:

It is a Canada thing. 

The Rossi was imported thinking the barrel was a certain length.... it wasn't. Because of the short barrel length, their Canuck version of the "ATF" determined the pistol grip shotgun was a "pistol". 

They don't have a minimum barrel length for pistols, so this barrel was cut down. The guy even says only 60 made it into the country, and only 5 of those were cut to 6". 

32 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

It's a DAMN GOOD THING we can't do this.

Or Rob would have one in his waistband.  Daily Carry.  With his 12 other guns on his person.   :hail:

In a Bob Mernickle shoulder holster!

im determined to own a .500 before I come back... and I'm going to order a box of those 700gr T-Rex loads just for YOU. 

24 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

... and I'm going to order a box of those 700gr T-Rex loads just for YOU. 

EFF THAT!   :box1::bitchslap:  That shiit is the DEBIL!!!

(As a side note, I can fully CONFIRM that girls are the DEBIL!!!  Fuckin' WOMEN!)

I don't think the ATF will like you cutting down a Shotgun , it would have to be designated as a Pistol to begin with .

Just shooting an H&R single shot 12 ga. is enough punishment , let alone a Pistol version . Some people just think its cool to hurt themselves . Though in Grizzly Country , a 12ga. Slug is a good round , but just a single shot  ? Hope you don't have to reload for a follow up .

14 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I don't think the ATF will like you cutting down a Shotgun , it would have to be designated as a Pistol to begin with .

I think it can be done but would have to be registered as an AOW (any other weapon). Nice thing about that is that the tax stamp for an AOW is only $5! You would still have the paperwork and waiting period though.

10 hours ago, 392heminut said:

I think it can be done but would have to be registered as an AOW (any other weapon). Nice thing about that is that the tax stamp for an AOW is only $5! You would still have the paperwork and waiting period though.

You jut can't cut one you have down , it would have to be designated that way from a manufacturer , a class 3 can't do it , unless they have a manufacturers Class 2 FFL. To sell it ,they still have to have a class 3 FFL.

I don't think I have ever seen a Shotgun pistol for sale here . Short barreled weapon , yes , but not a Pistol . 

Edited by survivalshop