• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gander Mountain closing all stores.

12 minutes ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

They were bought out by Camping World Holdings who is closing them all.

www.gandermountain.com

They filed for bankruptcy a month or two ago, articles I read they weren't closing them all. I see the one in Rockford is going out today they were closing shut out, the one in my town is worthless, Madison has a nice one but it's also the size of a large Walmart. I really don't care for gander they're more about northface and Columbia than hunting and fishing these days

9 minutes ago, sketch said:

We just got a dicks sports this week haven't been yet but I have a coopn  for 50% off ammo ?  Probably won't go its at the mall! 

Don't forget how hard they sold out after sandy hook. Pulled all the evil guns off the shelf and canceled tons of peoples orders. DICKS is on my no-buy list.

45 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Don't forget how hard they sold out after sandy hook. Pulled all the evil guns off the shelf and canceled tons of peoples orders. DICKS is on my no-buy list.

Honestly I never saw that here but they did snowflake all their stores by taking all the mounts out

doc I clicked the link after I posted sorry but then there's this 

IMG_6662.PNG

I'm glad for the employees that they will still have a job.  

However it is confusing at best to have the website state in large letters that all stores are closing when they aren't.   It alludes to the reopening towards the bottom of the page, but doesn't come out and say it.

"EVERYTHING must Go!!"

"except for those, these and those over there. Which ones? No, those ones don't have to go either."

we mean EVERYTHING in a political sense. It's more like SOMETHING....and even then it doesn't HAVE to. 

Edited by DNP

Camping World, AKA Marcus Lemonis, only bought the name and the assets (such as real estate & real estate leases). he did not buy the inventory. Which is now being liquidated. Most likely by a 3rd party liquidator. As none of the current Camping World locations sell firearms etc, I doubt those will remain in the 'new' Camping Mountain or Gander World or whatever the stores will be called. Most likely they'll sell the same assortment as currently sold at camping World stores. Marcus probably paid pennies on the dollar and may be seeing this as a quick expansion of his Camping World stores.

3 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I went in the one around here & was not impressed with any of the deals . I was in there last month & I think they had better sales , but their stuff is all over priced anyway .

If they get to 30% off, then there may be a few deals to be had.  But they were always overpriced.