• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Gander Mountain closing all stores.

• 1 month later...

I went to one in Arlington, TX yesterday.  They were up to 60% off with guns at 20-25% off.  I saw several items that were obviously marked up before the discount was applied. 

One example:  A Ruger SR1911 commander "regular price" $999; 20% discount made it $799.

Example 2: They had this black powder rifle for $499 marked down 40% to $299.  It was still more than Cabelas. 

There were others as well.  I only bought some batteries and a pair of pants. 

I'm not sorry to see them go.  Not only were the prices excessive, but they also carry a poor reputation for their services in the archery community.  I've often seen signs in bow pro shops charging more to fix bows if GM worked on them or they were purchased there.  Sad to see fellow archers with a new setup that can't understand why they keep missing.

4 hours ago, forty_caliber said:

I'm not sorry to see them go.  Not only were the prices excessive, but they also carry a poor reputation for their services in the archery community.  I've often seen signs in bow pro shops charging more to fix bows if GM worked on them or they were purchased there.  Sad to see fellow archers with a new setup that can't understand why they keep missing.

If I saw that they a shop was charging more because of where I purchased a Bow from , I would not have work done there , thats just not right , if you take your bBow to have it worked on , & its out of tune or what ever , what difference does it make on what you have to repair or Tune , you fix it & charge accordingly , not because of where it was purchased , that in my book is BS. 

True ,GM sucks ,I won't miss their pricing  either . I purchased very few things there , small things & thats too bad because they are close & do have a large selection  & they may possibly screw more up on a Tune or assembly , but thats no reason to change more .

I have also seen a archer's with new gear miss a lot, but it wasn't the Archery equipment :lmao:

• 4 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

Be careful of how much they mark them up before they take the discount.   Much of what I saw was close to retail price after 25% off.

If it's not a deal I'm not buying, I don't need it but I'd like to have one again

Walked in there today was looking at the limited savages said do you have any 30-06 girl says nope I started to ask none at all and the bitchs cut my off said nope, as I walked away I muttered I'm glad this fucking dump is closing.

i get it your life sucks your losing you job in a week but that's not my fault GFYS BIA!

15 minutes ago, shepp said:

Walked in there today was looking at the limited savages said do you have any 30-06 girl says nope I started to ask none at all and the bitchs cut my off said nope, as I walked away I muttered I'm glad this fucking dump is closing.

i get it your life sucks your losing you job in a week but that's not my fault GFYS BIA!

I asume employees like that are part of the reason they are closing. If it were my store I'da fired em long before they could fugg up like that.

20 minutes ago, MrPaul said:

I asume employees like that are part of the reason they are closing. If it were my store I'da fired em long before they could fugg up like that.

The ones whom didn't bolt upon the news of having to be rehired if their store was to reopen they'd have to reapply. The ones left work for the liquidation company from what I've heard and seeing the store closes in a week or two their idgf attitude is really shining thru. Honestly the prices I saw from were I was standing I could probably go to the gun pusher and not pay much over it, support a local business and be treated like a human,but if I could take advantage of their disadvantage I woulda