• Visit Sportsmans Guide

I know... I know...

Robocop1051

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

I have this little one, I really like that little bitty red button, it will light up your a$$ The holster pic shows the older model Ruger, the new one has a much better trigger.

image.thumb.png.a237da2344a744e0d298f147d51dd7f7.png

image.thumb.png.d47bd618e8ebd5e60689656d17662181.png

Edited by mrmackc

2 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Pretty damn cool, brother!  I'm considering something similar; just found this place last night:

https://wethepeopleholsters.com/products/springfield-xd-s-3-3-9mm-40sw-45acp-iwb-kydex-holster-we-the-people-holsters?variant=25704418504

I was looking at those WTP holsters. Can’t beat the price!

i wanted the crimson trace light/laser combo, so holster pickings were slim. CT sells the holster with their light/laser. I got the complete kit for $194 from Amazon 

Crimson Trace LL-802-HBT

if you register the laser with CT, they send you free batteries for life. 

I nailed that We The People holster, brother, with the $10-off Dan Bongino discount.  $24 and freeeeee shipping, with that code, complete.  I'll give you an appendix review once it gets here.  Fuckin' awesome.  :thumbup:

33 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Truth. 1911 and the FNX 45 have the same grip angle. FN did that on purpose.

If FN did away with the safety and just had a decocker, the FNX would be the greatest thought out combat pistol on the market. The FNX-45, the P227 and the G41 are each amazing in their own ways, but each fail in at least one catagory.

2 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

If FN did away with the safety and just had a decocker, the FNX would be the greatest thought out combat pistol on the market. The FNX-45, the P227 and the G41 are each amazing in their own ways, but each fail in at least one catagory.

I like the fact I can carry it double action with the safety off, or on, or carry it cocked and locked with the safety on.if I am carrying it in a belly band, which admittedly is rare, I would have the safety on and have it in decocked DA mode, just in case the trigger snagged pulling it out. I don’t see it as a drawback at all, it just gives the user more flexibility to fit his preferences. Most the time I carry it cocked and locked just to form muscle memory habits so I don’t have to think about it when I switch from the FNX to one of my 1911’s. 

My issue, for a duty gun, coming from over 15 years experience, safety's kill.

This is why the P226, M&P and Glocks are so common (among other various reasons). None of them have safety's, or the safety that they do have is automatically disengaged when the trigger is pulled. Cop's can never train enough to guarantee they'll perform under the pressure. We train a shit-ton and just hope for the best results. Think about the cop that wants to carry in double action mode, and his safety gets engaged for some random reason. When he draws his gun and pulls the trigger under stress, nothing happens. Maybe he figures it out right away and he's only slightly delayed, or maybe he reverts to practiced training and tap/racks through a cycle, only to have a repeat malfunction. These are VERY precious seconds being wasted. The FNX has a place on a battlefield, in a home defense, on a range, but not on duty... I was hoping that the FNX-45 would turn into an FNS-45 and decimate all the competition.

The closest I could get to a mythological "FNS-45 Tactical" was my heavily modified G41 Gen4 MOS. It feels like I had to overpay an ugly hooker just to pop my cherry.

3 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

#1.  My issue, for a duty gun, coming from over 15 years experience, safety's kill.

#2.  Cop's can never train enough to guarantee they'll perform under the pressure.

#1.  That's a training issue. Not a dig on anyone, though. More time on the gun will solve that, with 90% of that being dry-fire, or even dry-fire laser training.

#2.  That sucks, and cops need more live ammo. More training.  That's a solid opinion that I have on that one...

Alot of places militarily, the handgun will probably never be used, and minimal training is performed.  Qual only.  Some places militarily, the handgun is a trained-on weapons platform.  You train, you find your faults, you correct, heal those training scars, and advance.  I never got to do NEAR the handgun training I wish I had, but I got to play with them often enough to be stupid-familiar with them.

Edited by 98Z5V