• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Problem with first reloads

Clay

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Bottom line is , if Factory ammo works & your Hand loads don't , its your reloading process , in one form or another .

Yup you're correct about that. My gunsmith thinks it may be a burr in my barrel causing the problems but I haven't had problems with any factory ammo and the gun is accurate so don't think that's the case.  I was at gander mountain and they had a RCBS small base AR series die on sale so I went ahead and got it since I will need one for reloading once fired stuff if I buy any of that. They also had ready to load brass on sale for 12.95 for 50 pieces so I got three of them as well. If I can't get it to extract with my lee die I'll give the small base a try 

5 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I find it interesting your Case Head Space Gage passed the Brass before . 

It's a Lyman gauge and I don't understand that either unless I'm using the gauge wrong but it seems like a fool proof setup lol I did get a Wilson gauge for my 6.5 Grendel since it was the only one I could find. And I will say that since I bought the Lyman I have read more negative reviews about it than the Wilson 

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...