• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Faxon .308 Win Pencil Barrels

Feel lucky to be able to go the $17.00 route.  A couple of weeks ago I had the change the water pump on my wife's 2012 Jeep Liberty.  New pump was all that was available but with coolant, lower radiator hose, thermostat, sealant, and clamps I got off with around $100.00 however it was a job indeed.

Edited by GRA

20 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

INTRODUCING FAXON 308 PENCIL BARRELS- IN STOCK NOW!

8cac7c8c-4a9f-4b0d-b6c7-83ffe5d23cda.jpg

f48b5181-32c2-4ef7-8bc5-4c85cd8ed334.jpg

Hit this to buy 'em:

http://faxonfirearms.com/barrels/ar-10-lr-308/308-winchester-7-62-nato/

I got the ad on this.  They ARE light that's for sure.  Too bad they don't offer the 16" in rifle length gas.  I'd love to snatch one of these up for a Dissipator.

On 5/20/2017 at 11:47 PM, 98Z5V said:

Just now finished power steering pump rebuild on the Nissan.  Eff that mess.  $17 on the rebuild kit, $150 for a reman pump.  I rebuilt it.

P1050641.JPG

Hey! You wanna help me rebuild the power steering sector from my Cuda???? I already have the kit!!!

YIKES    I take a nap and look what happens....this build of mine I did last nite cause I found a lite hunter barrel in the bunker...well its not a rifle for a reason I just remembered ...its a throwdown 5r barrel that's called a lite hunter barrel for a reason...you see your trophy out there and pull the trigger on a cold barrel shot...bullet hits exactly where you aimed one shot and done. Now take this barrel to the range and shoot paper...you got nothing after 3 shots...heat and im saying just a lil will make this barrel shoot like crap...so if you are gonna hunt or pull the trigger a couple of times on a 2 legged animal okay fine.....these lite barrels will drive you crazy if you intend to shoot it at paper  or plink         Wash

001.JPG

Edited by washguy

Tom and I discussed this and he hasn't had that problem with his Faxon 223 pencil barrel and I don't think it will be a problem with my 308. This build was always meant to be a lighter field carry type build from the start, and I'm not a high volume shooter with the 308 as it is. I would have went with the next heavier contour but they're out of stock. Faxon stress relieves these barrels for what that's worth.

Edited by 392heminut

6 hours ago, 392heminut said:

Fukkin enablers! Tom, you KNEW that barrel in my Matrix barrel was a POS! Just had to post this up didn't ya! :bitchslap:

Thanks brother, with the discount I got a great deal and am looking forward to having a much better shooting rifle!:thumbup:

I'm glad I was able contribute to your purchase ?

Both my Faxon barrels, a .223 pencil and a .308 mid are absolute tack drivers, both on paper and hitting 4 legged (so far) critters.  Damn, I just looked in the rack and I have two complete lowers, a 15 and a 308.  I planned to put a 6.8 SPC on the 15 but what will I do with the .308?

Well im thinkin I just have a bum barrel then...or it didnt like what I was feeding it...but like I said it was for huntin and not a range rifle...so it did shoot straight when it was cold...and I do have some other light barrels that are tack drivers..ill give it another go again

Wash

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/27/2017 at 7:21 PM, washguy said:

YIKES    I take a nap and look what happens....this build of mine I did last nite cause I found a lite hunter barrel in the bunker...well its not a rifle for a reason I just remembered ...its a throwdown 5r barrel that's called a lite hunter barrel for a reason...you see your trophy out there and pull the trigger on a cold barrel shot...bullet hits exactly where you aimed one shot and done. Now take this barrel to the range and shoot paper...you got nothing after 3 shots...heat and im saying just a lil will make this barrel shoot like crap...so if you are gonna hunt or pull the trigger a couple of times on a 2 legged animal okay fine.....these lite barrels will drive you crazy if you intend to shoot it at paper  or plink         Wash

That may have been the case in the past, but modern manufacturing techniques have vastly improved pencil and lite barrel performance. 

Try one of ours. If you don't like it, I will refund it myself. 

30 minutes ago, FaxonNathan said:

That may have been the case in the past, but modern manufacturing techniques have vastly improved pencil and lite barrel performance. 

@washguy he just double dog dared you man lol

1 hour ago, FaxonNathan said:

and that is how you sell some barrels! :hail:

1 hour ago, shepp said:
2 hours ago, FaxonNathan said:

Well Thanks  for the offer !  This is a modern made throwdown lite hunter 5r poly barrel...I took it off because it wasn't shooting well,but its also not broken in yet now that I think about it...if it suks ill take you up on it...my barrel is much lighter than yours... if memory serves     :thumbup:   Wash

58 minutes ago, washguy said:

..if it suks ill take you up on it...my barrel is much lighter than yours... if memory serves     :thumbup:   Wash

I don't think the weight is gonna matter, if it won't shoot, brother.  :laffs:You'll be better moving up to the next heavier barrel that DOES shoot.  :thumbup:

20 hours ago, FaxonNathan said:

Got my 16" .308 pencil barrel the other day. Rifle is back together and just waiting for a chance to get to the range!:thumbup:

Got out to the range for a bit today. Even with a fukkin 17,000 MPH crosswind and a wobbly azzed table I managed to shoot a 1.5" 5 shot group at 100 rds. MUCH better than that POS Anderson barrel! AND it shot everything I fed it, even the reloads the Anderson barrel had issues just chambering. Funny thing is though, with the Anderson barrel the gun was pitching empties around 3 to 4 o'clock but with the Faxon barrel it pitches them out around 1 to 2 o'clock! Might need to put an adjustable gas block on it?

Once I can get a steady rest and a calm day I'm sure this barrel is gonna shoot!