• Visit Sportsmans Guide

I think I'm building another one...

98Z5V

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haven't updated this in awhile.  I'm only a Genuine Armalite AR-10 BCG away from firing this one.  Need a permanent set of folding sights, and a sling, after that - and she's done.

P1050880.thumb.JPG.bd3e7942baaaa4c7e977fdd002d82e76.JPG

This is one solid little .308 Carbine.  :thumbup:

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Haven't updated this in awhile.  I'm only a Genuine Armalite AR-10 BCG away from firing this one.  Need a permanent set of folding sights, and a sling, after that - and she's done.

P1050880.thumb.JPG.bd3e7942baaaa4c7e977fdd002d82e76.JPG

This is one solid little .308 Carbine.  :thumbup:

That looks damn nice.  Good job again.  Thanks for sharing it all with us.  :thumbup:

• 2 months later...

This thing runs like a champ. Just RUNS.  Rob shot the shiit out of it at the Fall Shoot - almost as much as he man-handled the Shockwave...  :lmao::hump:

I did end up putting a set of Troy fixed back up sights on it after the shoot.  Wanted them on there before the shoot, but just couldn't make it happen.  I've got a sling from Jacob to put on it, and I'll need a Strike Industries rail section to do that, but I'm calling it done once I get that rail section on there and sling mounted.  This one is a winner.

What I've definitely learned from this build - you CAN run all Armalite guts in a DPMS receiver set.  It DOES work, and man does this one work well...  :thumbup:

P1050931.thumb.JPG.fd4d8fb252ecada6c2634f3ffbd00daf.JPG

• 7 months later...

Final summary on this thing - it just runs, and runs, and runs. 

Here's what it looked like after paint:

P1060342.thumb.JPG.62d3b8054840a24ea755395c313d8a44.JPG

And here's the Grand Finale - once I finally got off my a$s and got the AP red dot mount, and painted it.  At this point, Done. Really done.

P1060432.thumb.JPG.2915f48b776c2ef48b9e464a91c7cf60.JPG

Edited by 98Z5V

It helps getting that red dot farther forward - as far as you can.  The farther out it is, the faster you are on-target.  That AP mount pushed it out there about another 2".

Man, what we wouldn't give for another 2"....    :lmao:

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Had a "wanna be" trainer tell me further back was faster, skipped his class.............

This was seriously one my favorite setups.  We got Aimpoints, and this mount came in the kit.  It was the only way to run irons and the red dot, then.  Hell, this was even before we got the KAC rails, and still had the plastic handguards.  (not my pic, best one I could find).  This certainly wasn't a "slow" setup - it was awesome!

IMG_2647.JPG

27 minutes ago, blue109 said:

Waiting patiently for reptile sabertooth....

I need to get on that...