• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

First Build Problem

Kyblue82

If you are showing how little threads are into your Mag Release Button , the AR 10 Armalite Mag Catch with its long shaft & threaded area , gives you more adj. & more threads in the Button , as shown in the Thread that was posted . That Mag Button looks a little low in the Receiver , but the amount of threads into the Button look Normal for a DPMS 308 or a AR 15 Mag Catch used in a 308AR .

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright guys I got the new Tubbs flatwire spring installed. I only had time to put about 30 rounds through it but it performed flawlessly with both pmag and metal mag. Need to get a few varieties of ammo to see how it does but I think you all got me on the right track now. When you don't have to clear a malfunction every other round it makes things so much more fun.

Thank y'all!! :hail:

9 hours ago, Kyblue82 said:

Alright guys I got the new Tubbs flatwire spring installed. I only had time to put about 30 rounds through it but it performed flawlessly with both pmag and metal mag. Need to get a few varieties of ammo to see how it does but I think you all got me on the right track now. When you don't have to clear a malfunction every other round it makes things so much more fun.

Thank y'all!! :hail:

Ya that Buffer Spring you had was probably a little weak & you may have had multiple issues ,because you did change out other components . Its all good ! :thumbup: