• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Mk11 Mod0 Clone, Need a stripped upper, Genesis CNC not responding

On June 6, 2017 at 0:30 PM, washguy said:

So you want an  Armalite stripped upper?    Why dont you get one from this place?https://delta3tactical.com/store/products/Armalite-AR%2d10-(T-)-upper-receiver-assembly.html

Wash

On June 6, 2017 at 7:08 PM, washguy said:

You guys are so picky...well heres an Armalite instock A model for the taking  geeez...do I have to do everything?  Im your google bitch I guess?

http://www.opticsplanet.com/armalite-ar-10-a4-a-series-upper-receiver-assembly-7-62x51mm-308-winchester-a100.html

butt dance emoticon      Wash

On June 6, 2017 at 7:25 PM, jtallen83 said:

Armalite has them in stock as well, wait for the 4th and there will be a sale price with their usual $5 flat rate shipping;

https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10a4-a-series-flat-top-upper-receiver-assembly/

Problem with Armalite uppers is they have a different barrel nut thread pitch than the Knights Armament rail I have. Has to be an Armalite A style upper to ensure the KAC mags work as well.

On June 6, 2017 at 6:27 PM, washguy said:

What about the Stag arms upper?

I did find that in my search as well. They only guarantee it will work with their lower. I could give them a call and see if they think it would match with an Armalite AR-10A lower. Still has the forward assist I am looking to eliminate.

The end game is to get a clone of the below gun, a Mk11 Mod0 without breaking the bank ($4k for a base KAC SR25 or $12k for a real Mk11). The KAC upper is more of a hexagon shape that matches the receiver extension portion of the lower, doesn't have a forward assist, and barrel nut is threaded for SR25/DPMS barrel nuts.

I know I am getting damn picky it's just mine is so damn close and the Genesis upper is perfect to complete it. I was more or less seeing if anyone had any experience with Genesis CNC and what their wait times are. No real alternatives fit the bill.

33637112191_f2f420e365_b.jpg

Edited by JSchell1308

Find a good machinist/welder. Have him cut off the FA off an Armalite and fill it in. I have seen that done on one of these gun forums a while back. Armalite has a rail that looks pretty damn close to that.

https://armalite.com/shop/ar-10-quad-rail-free-float-rifle-handguard-kit/

You can be sure it all plays well together that way.

6 hours ago, washguy said:

But Why?  to each his own I guess?...why try to be a poser for that particular rifle?  who would give a crap ?  Hillary would call that piece a nothingburger rifle  :laffs:Wash 

I'm a big fan of clones and the history some modern rifles carry. I am a huge fan of the Mk11 Mod0 being one of the last rifles Eugene Stoner helped design. Finding a great deal on the authentic rail and irons was enough for me to want to base the build around them and try to do them justice without spending the huge amount of money for the Knights SR25 base rifle.

Not really trying to be a poser. I would never try to pass it off as the real thing. Only person that would give a crap is me. Was really looking for any info on Genesis since they are a site sponsor. Didn't know if many people bought from them around here.

• 1 year later...
On 6/11/2017 at 12:51 AM, JSchell1308 said:

I'm a big fan of clones and the history some modern rifles carry. I am a huge fan of the Mk11 Mod0 being one of the last rifles Eugene Stoner helped design. Finding a great deal on the authentic rail and irons was enough for me to want to base the build around them and try to do them justice without spending the huge amount of money for the Knights SR25 base rifle.

Not really trying to be a poser. I would never try to pass it off as the real thing. Only person that would give a crap is me. Was really looking for any info on Genesis since they are a site sponsor. Didn't know if many people bought from them around here.

I am currentley on the objective as you are except only parts i have acquired are the Mk11 rail from Kac and a genesis 80% lower in the mail since they are on sale. I was wondering about your build and if you have it finished. Also, i would like to know what barrel, BCG, and charging handle you used and if they were hard to acquire. Thank you in advance

3 hours ago, Jeffscar99 said:

I am currentley on the objective as you are except only parts i have acquired are the Mk11 rail from Kac and a genesis 80% lower in the mail since they are on sale. I was wondering about your build and if you have it finished. Also, i would like to know what barrel, BCG, and charging handle you used and if they were hard to acquire. Thank you in advance

Welcome to the forum.

This thread is over a year old and the OP has not been here in 7 months.  You will not likely get a response from him.   There are many others that may be able to help you with your questions. 

• 6 months later...

A little late to the conversation, but I figure I’d put in my experience with Genesis, and to be clear, mine was positive.

I’m in the same boat, I love the Mk 11 and I want one. Problem is I live in California. I ordered the Genesis .308 upper a little over 3 weeks ago, and I already received it. It looks great. To be frank, I cannot yet give an honest testimony as to how the fitment is, but I’m not worried at all. I ordered this part as my very first piece of the Mock 11 build after reading about the scetchy  stories. Figured if I didn’t get it, I could cut my loses their and revalute.

Fortunately, I didn’t have too. And it got here much quicker than I expected.

The only flaw that I feel that Genesis has is their communication, I will admit, it’s not the best. Many emails go with no response, so I do see where some people are coming from. I think it would benefit them in the long run and help improve business having that customer confidence.

Honestly, I will order from them again. Genesis CNC has done great for me and I look forward to building this thing.