• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

QD Sling attachments

Are these things any good , what I mean is , do all you people that use the , trust them no to come un-attached when you don't want them to , like a fixed Sling attachment . I have never even looked at one in the flesh & certainly never used one . I trust most Permeant ones , because I have tested them .

This one happens to be a Magpul

593b29c37893c_QDslingattachment.thumb.jpg.1a9c99d2fbcb4b6915c480e1278cd429.jpg

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:51 PM, survivalshop said:

Guess I'll have to try some out , since you'all have tested them already .:laffs:

Were you lookin' to trap your own self with "the rule," just as an excuse to get them?...   :lmao::laffs::hail:

• 2 weeks later...
27 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Another question , does it make a difference if the release button is flush or not , If not flush , have any of you have any accidental releases ?

When there's pressure pulling on the ring I don't even think you can depress the button

49 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

Thanks , now I can shop with out any restrictions .

Another thing I like the MWI ones better than the magpul ones. MWI uses a gloss finish, they're smooth in operation. The magpul ones are a flat finish and they're kinda gritty. 

• 3 weeks later...

I've never had one come apart but I have had a couple of the bungee and hook-type break at the bend in the hook.  One of them the very first hour of use.  The cheap foreign-made jobs are obviously made from pot metal.

I use these quick detach units now and I am quite satisfied.  USA-made units will last.  The Magpul piece you have here is most likely as good as anything else USA-made.  :thumbup:

I just use these ones - whenever I need them, it's the last part of a build, sling is already here, and I forgot about them.  I swing by Cabela's, and they have these.  They have MagPuls, also, at $15 each...  These things retail at $19.99 for both, in a package - cheaper than the rest, and haven't failed me yet.

I think you're putting way too much thought into this one, brother, I really do.  These things aren't the weak link in sling attachment to your rifle.  Get something made of steel, and you're good.  Really...

P1050730.JPG

On 6/22/2017 at 10:21 AM, shepp said:

Another thing I like the MWI ones better than the magpul ones. MWI uses a gloss finish, they're smooth in operation. The magpul ones are a flat finish and they're kinda gritty. 

I lucked out and got my last MWI QD for $1. Even at a higher price I like their finish, it isn't that it is glossy enough to be real reflective but the phosphate ones I have make a squeaky little noise when they turn in the socket where the MWI just glide quietly. I also prefer the style with the raised edge around the button.

MI-HDFS-2.jpg.c444cbf0c6397af296dbbabf05a1b8d0.jpg

2 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I also prefer the style with the raised edge around the button.

So basically , recessed .

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I think you're putting way too much thought into this one, brother, I really do.  These things aren't the weak link in sling attachment to your rifle.

Not really , to me sling attachments are a weak link if they are not up to par for the use intended . I never used these things & know nothing ( well more now ) about them , to me , being mechanically inclined , they look weak , but looks seem , in this case, deceiving .:thumbup: