• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

WARNING! IMI GARBAGE From MIDWAY!!!!

jtallen83

On 7/8/2017 at 2:09 AM, 98Z5V said:

I HATE reloading that Federal XM193 brass.  The first time sucks.  Getting the primer crimp out of that shiit will drive a man crazy.  The crimp is so damn tight that the primer pockets get deformed inward - it even "sticks" on my RCBS Swager 2 tool...  I've had more than 1 probably 4 or 5 decapping pins break off trying to get the primers out...

After that first time, though - it's good brass.  It's just alot of work...

Is this the Federal 223 headstamped stuff? The Federal 5.56 XM193 I have has all been headstamped LC. I just bought three extra decapping pins but really don't want to mess with the stuff if it's a hassle, I'll just toss it in the box for the brass exchange program at Freedom, they get all my Berdan primed cases :evil: 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I had some PIP that the flash holes were too small for the Decapping pin , I bent three or four before I sorted them all out , to this day , I sort them out , you can see they are too small , the pin sometimes will open it up , but way waste pins , which I do have a good supply .

Cant say I have reloaded any Fed XM193 , but have loaded Fed cases , not sure what they were ,( range brass ), because I don't buy loaded Ammo , I have some limited factory ammo , for testing , but its a very small amount , couple of box's .

Someone send me some & I will test it :lmao:                 Even though I believe 98 , you can still send me some to test , wait , maybe I shouldn't of said that .:laffs:

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

Someone send me some & I will test it :lmao:                 Even though I believe 98 , you can still send me some to test , wait , maybe I shouldn't of said that .:laffs:

Maybe I'll send you a box of the replacement IMI to "test" for me. :laffs:

8 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Is this the Federal 223 headstamped stuff? The Federal 5.56 XM193 I have has all been headstamped LC. I just bought three extra decapping pins but really don't want to mess with the stuff if it's a hassle, I'll just toss it in the box for the brass exchange program at Freedom, they get all my Berdan primed cases :evil: 

Shouldn't be the .223 Rem ammo, just the NATO.  It'll have FC in the case head, the NATO stamp, and 5.56...  :thumbup:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Shouldn't be the .223 Rem ammo, just the NATO.  It'll have FC in the case head, the NATO stamp, and 5.56...  :thumbup:

Haven't seen that combo on 5.56. Any idea what the packaging looks like? Might have some and not realize it.

Edited by jtallen83

3 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Haven't seen that combo on 5.56. Any idea what the packaging looks like?

I'm positive that I don't have any of it in the house - but I'll probably have some of the brass.  I usually end up with it after a shooting session, picking up brass. 

I almost deleted this email from Midway, glad I didn't because I had no intention of visiting the site. The reviews seem to have finally got through to them, after about 6 emails telling me I was out of luck this one shows up;

Dear Jim,

Thank you for your review regarding the IMI Ammunition. I am very sorry for the delay in our response, however because this ammunition did not live up to our standards I have issued a refund for the purchase price to your account in store credit. Please feel free to give us a call at the number below if you need further assistance.

If you have any additional questions or comments, please feel free to contact us at 1-800-243-3220. Our hours of operation are Monday through Friday 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. CST. You may also email us atcustomerservice@midwayusa.com.

Thanks for Your Business!

Chris

MidwayUSA Customer Service

5 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I did plaster that review around the net a bit.......:evil:

If it was done like it was here which I would assume it was, it was done in good taste and it was a fair warning of a shit product. Good on midway for finally stepping up and comping you.

6 hours ago, guruofhotrod said:

The Fed XM193 I've decapped has been stamped LC, the last two digits of the year and the NATO cross - takes some effort but I just knock them out on the Rock Chucker:box1:

That is what I'm used to seeing as well. Got about a half a 5 gallon bucket of the stuff waiting for my time.

If you guys catch the FC (Federal Cartridge) headstamp, have spare decapping pins ready...  :thumbup::laffs:

If one of them breaks a decapping pin, be prepared for one of two things:  cutting some crimp for quite awhile, or throw that bitch away right then...  :lmao:

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If you guys catch the FC (Federal Cartridge) headstamp, have spare decapping pins ready...  :thumbup::laffs:

If one of them breaks a decapping pin, be prepared for one of two things:  cutting some crimp for quite awhile, or throw that bitch away right then...  :lmao:

This is the best way to deal with crimped pockets the other is an RBCS hand tool and near carpel tunnel pain ! Or you can just toss the LC/Federal brass in your friends bucket and he can deal with it ! LMAF ! ??????

Super_Swage_600_t.jpg

6 hours ago, survivalshop said:

I see that Fed . NATO XM 193 5.56 is sold both with LC brass & American Eagle NATO XM 193 Ammo , could the AE be FC Brass ? 

I use the RCBS Primer Pocket Uniformer that is a Die you install in your Press 

Very well could be the AE ammo with the FC headstamp.  I know I don't buy it.  The damn stuff just winds up in my bucket...  MikeDaddy...  :bat::laffs:

I'll look that die up, ss - is it the same deal as the Primer Pocket Swager 2?

7 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Very well could be the AE ammo with the FC headstamp.  I know I don't buy it.  The damn stuff just winds up in my bucket...  MikeDaddy...  :bat::laffs:

I'll look that die up, ss - is it the same deal as the Primer Pocket Swager 2?

Yes , I just have the early one , I believe you use one . Depriming is another story if your bending or breaking Depriming Pins .