• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

2017 Summer Vacation!!!!!

bubbas4570

3 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

Idaho. Reminds me of a joke about a beauty contest...

But seriously, the scenery is unmatched, I did a lot of mapping in the Copper Basin up near the Stanley and Lemhi Ranges in the 70s. Incredible country! Also Craters Of The Moon National Monument. Bring water, lots of water!

Wife's grandparents had a cabin up in the Stanley Basin. Awesome country. Politics intruded,  Frank Church got legislation passed expropriating their property and incorporating it into the Sawtooth wilderness, even though it had been pasture land for cattle since the 1870's. Big Government. The creek in front of it was the farthest point from the Pacific that Chinook Salmon swam to spawn. 938 miles by water. Driving the back highways from there to Salmon, and on to the Bitterroot valley and Missoula is a great trip.Idaho is the jewel in America's crown.

On 7/3/2017 at 10:09 PM, bubbas4570 said:

So I decided to take a summer vacation, and didn't have to convince my better half to come with, on the bike to Idaho this year.....via Montana.

I have no idea what the hell I am wanting to go to in Idaho (should have known most of the state is F'n A!!!!! for scenery and the "correct" attitude towards humanity), so I ask Magwa for any suggestions.  He gladly gives some great ideas, I follow most, and plans made for a meet up.  ....let me tell you, the best stop I had (save the paying for my sisters' new handgun) was meeting Magwa, his wife, and friends.

Idaho has some of the best scenery out there on a regular basis, the gun laws of the state have me thinking of relocating in a serious way, and the time I had with some great new found friends makes for future visits a definite.  Elk burgers and steaks on an open fire, with the appropriate drink of choice, along with discussion of the current American situation that doesn't include ANY BS to make you need to worry about how to state what one thinks makes for GREAT times!!!!

First I needed to learn them Idahoans how to drink wine from a beer can....

4tr66o.jpg

Magwa enjoying my ride for a bit....

1z6tj6x.jpg

Us all mugging for the camera.....

ml3zax.jpg

Some of the beauty from Magwa's boat on the way back in to shore....

b7l9xc.jpg

and just in case there is any question on how Idaho looks.....(from our hotel balcony)

15oi2cj.jpg

What year Ultra is that , nice .  Never thought of Idaho as a Vac. destination , looks beautiful .

Here's mine. 

DSCN2523.thumb.JPG.44f9351e7f2979bbf10a35ba9743b3ef.JPG

I will say that HD has started to figure out they needed to step up and get modernized with many of their "convenience" pieces=the way their bags open, small touches in ergonomics, better built engines, ect., to stay in competition with the imports and Indian/Polaris on their touring bikes. Just having the nameplate doesn't make as many people ooooh and ahhhh like it used to.

I had a 98 Vulcan Nomad that had incorporated better bag closures than HD thought possible for over 10-15 years later.....just a small example.

Don't get me wrong, I like my bike; I just wish they would put the R&D money into those kind of things instead of just worrying about the HD brand remaining "top shelf and unchanged". In my mind, without change,  one dies....and I think the corporate minds have finally figured this out in the last few years.

• 1 month later...