• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Over Gassed?

MLC

2 hours ago, MLC said:

What kind of issues were you having with the Aero recoil system?

On my Matrix receiver build the Aero tube was too deep allowing the bolt to stop better than a 1/4 inch behind the bolt catch. This gives the BCG too much momentum coming back and can break the bolt catch. I threw something like 75 cents in the bottom of the tube and it stopped where I needed it.

24 minutes ago, Rsquared said:

Nahh. Then ours wouldn't be the elite any longer. They'd just be one of the crowd. :laffs:

Sorry to inform you sir , but they are just one of the crowd now a days .:box1::laffs:  I looked at a  308 Stoner today that cost $ 4200 & change !  WTF

Edited by survivalshop

Whoa! $4200? I would hope that it was a misprint. And yes, we are just one of the crowd these days. Just about everybody makes some version of a large frame AR these days.................................................................................but it still ain't an ol AR-10B model. :lmao:         sorry, couldn't resist.

8 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Whoa! $4200? I would hope that it was a misprint. And yes, we are just one of the crowd these days. Just about everybody makes some version of a large frame AR these days.................................................................................but it still ain't an ol AR-10B model. :lmao:         sorry, couldn't resist.

No missprint , I think KAC makes them or some brand name , I could be wrong , these are a copy or something for the Military their contract Rifle. I had to ask where the Larue's were  . I will find out more today when I go there , damn Fun Store two days in a row , wtf :lmao:

9 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Actually the price is $ 4689 & its a KAC http://www.topgunsupply.com/knights-armament-sr-25-e2-acc-16-7.62mm.html

I had it in my sweaty hands & told him to put it back on the rack :lmao:

That's part of being a contract provider for the .mil. You can't sell it to the public for less than you sell it to the .mil. 

Big sticker shock on the cost of the complete M110 full system... 

0571d25c4f6e128818bf62b2c3ea6cbd.jpg

b8ef035fe0960e2059fa45be2182acf4--custom

Here's a gouger:

http://store.avguns.com/rifles/search-by-model/ar-10/kac-m110-sass-tactical-deployment-package/

Tombstone Tactical usually has good deals:

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/knights-armament/sr-m110-system-762-20in-tan/

Yeah, I thought that that system was going for around 15 grand. Maybe a little steep. But our government has no problem buying them by the truck load. :laffs:

I'd still take one though. A complete Mil package that is. That would be a nice addition to the collection. Not at 15 grand mind you.

22 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

That's part of being a contract provider for the .mil. You can't sell it to the public for less than you sell it to the .mil. 

Big sticker shock on the cost of the complete M110 full system... 

0571d25c4f6e128818bf62b2c3ea6cbd.jpg

b8ef035fe0960e2059fa45be2182acf4--custom

Here's a gouger:

http://store.avguns.com/rifles/search-by-model/ar-10/kac-m110-sass-tactical-deployment-package/

Tombstone Tactical usually has good deals:

https://www.tombstonetactical.com/catalog/knights-armament/sr-m110-system-762-20in-tan/

Better come with a BJ and a ham sandwich too

• 5 weeks later...

Hello group! Yes I am new here and I have noticed a similar occurrence with my M5 Aero (up/low/buffer/spring/tube,ptk). I have an Anderson 18" barrel and adjustable gas block (I have to stretch my allowance across way too many hobbies). With my GB full open the rifle was bucking quite hard. Marking up the buffer, flattening primers, FTE, popping out primers and leaving ejector marks. I even had the extractor pull the rim off a stubbornly stuck cartridge that wouldn't eject. Unfortunately, I tried too early to bring in my reloads and confused the issue with the signature of overloaded cartridges. After tweaking the GB just to the point where it would fully cycle and lock back on an empty mag using factory loads the rifle is now much tamer.  I hope my experience helps. BTW, I'm not an expert just a very curious enthusiast who isn't afraid to learn new tricks! :-)

Steve

Buffer face cropped.jpg

Flattened primer side view cropped.jpg

Primer flow cropped.jpg

Load 16 308.jpg

30830.jpg

Edited by Steve L

On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 9:02 PM, Rsquared said:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::hail::hail::hail::hail:Not that I like my Armalite B models or anything............

30 minutes ago, First Sergeant said:

I believe they have put the sweat into it to figure out the game, and want to believe they don't ship it until it works. 

I bought mine five and six years ago. I don't know if they have kept their QC up, I hope so, but I have heard a few rumblings.

On ‎7‎/‎26‎/‎2017 at 8:28 AM, MLC said:

That is good to hear about the bolt face. I'll give it a more thorough scrubbing when I get back to the home state.

Could a too long buffer spring be the culprit? I'm about 80% certain I measured it when I built the gun but I can re measure it. 

The buffer stop pin is in a fixed location in the lower receiver and the length of the recoil spring will not extend the buffer past the buffer stop/pin. I would guess having an overly long recoil spring may cause binding or lack of full cycling of the BCG if it is matched to an incorrect (shorter ) buffer tube.  

Edited by odie64

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, C Funnk said:

Sorry I can't be much help as I'm just starting a 308 build, but was wondering how you liked the WC Q Comp. does it help with muzzle climb or just act as a flash hider. Haven't seen or heard any real life reviews.

Thus far I like it.  It seems to be a good compromise between the two but I don't know anyone else with an AR-10 so I can't really compare muzzle devices.