• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

AZ Fall Shoot, Nov 2017

98Z5V

Launching out the announcement of the AZ Fall Shoot.  Pretty-solid dates are 4 days long, 2-5 November, which is a Thursday through Sunday.  I will be out there setting up on 1 November, Wednesday. 

Usual Suspects - we all know who's coming.  If you can think of anyone to invite, then invite them.  Not meaning to sound "mean" about it, but this isn't a free-for-all.  If you haven't been invited, you will not be sent link-up times and locations, or grid coordinates to the SDTF.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Here's the list of tentatively-planned activites - this evolves from past shoots, plus anything else that pops up as "Sounds-good, Let's-TRY-IT!"...

Night Distance Shoot

Night Pistol Movement Shoot

Night "Detain the FuckedUp Locals" Exercise

First-Of-The-Morning "Give It Your Best Shot" Shoot - Also known as the Morning Wood Shoot...

Fast-Rope Upper Body Workout Stress Shoot, Rifle and Pistol, and Combined

.338 Lapua Magnum 1,600-Yard Challenge

Various Shot-Timer Challenges, Rifle/Pistol

Jamo 500 Race - Sponsored by Jameson's Irish Whiskey

CR500 "If You Can Start It, You Can RIde It" Challenge

Trebuchet Accuracy Challenge

I'll come up with more before the Shoot...  :thumbup:

The Jamo 500 Race is a nightly event,around the campfire.  It is quite possible that the Jamo 500 will lead to the CR500 "If you can start it, you can ride it" Challenge.  But, the 500 doesn't have any lights, so that's a risk you take if you're man enough to try to combine events here.  It's also possible that the Jamo 500 leads to the Trebuchet NIGHT Accuracy Challenge.  We just don't know...  :lmao:

I know I can start it.  Most of the time. It's a technique, and it can tire you out quick.  Hence, the "most of the time."  And I own the damn, evil, demonic bastard.  Just watch the technique closely, and you'll get it.  Once you start it, you have to ride it, though, and that's a whole other world right there...  :lmao:

This is NOT a shooting event. Not in the least. This is purely in the realm of "extra-curricular activites..."  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

34 minutes ago, sketch said:

kinda wish i had the banshee's now.. 

I can bring out the 250R with the 310 kit on it. It's not near as exciting as watching someone trying to ride a CR500 for their first time, though...  :lmao:

3 hours ago, suzukiray said:

Count me in!!! At the moment I have 5 new weapons that I haven't even fired yet!! May I suggest another event? Like the 7.5 in barrel, 600 yard AR pistol challenge??!!!! ????

Ray.

I'm down with that.  :hail:  In the past, the best one we had was 550 yards on steel, 14.5" 5.56 barrel, with a red dot.  Who gets on target and gets steel in the LEAST rounds is DE WINNER...  I took that $20, in 3 rounds.  Know your holds, men, know your holds...  :thumbup:

We'll have a hard time on a 7.5" 5.56 barrel at that distance. There's a pretty serious velocity drop from 11.5" down to 10.5" 5.56 barrels.  Frag range on the projectile from 10.5" barrels is down to something like 175 yards.

Fuk it, let's try it!  :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

7 hours ago, AZMan said:

Hi, I'm new here. Is this an open invite? 

Hate to break it like this - but this info was in the very first post:

On 7/28/2017 at 8:17 PM, 98Z5V said:

Launching out the announcement of the AZ Fall Shoot.  Pretty-solid dates are 4 days long, 2-5 November, which is a Thursday through Sunday.  I will be out there setting up on 1 November, Wednesday. 

Usual Suspects - we all know who's coming.  If you can think of anyone to invite, then invite them.  Not meaning to sound "mean" about it, but this isn't a free-for-all.  If you haven't been invited, you will not be sent link-up times and locations, or grid coordinates to the SDTF.