AZ Fall Shoot, Nov 2017

98Z5V

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey this sounds like a 'not to miss' deal to me, wife grinned like a Cheshire cat when she read the premise, going to be tight to get back to LA and catch our flight back across the Pacific but I think it's  'miss it and you'll regret it'

Appreciate the invite 98Z5V:thumbup:

I've pulled some maps, just so there's no confusion here, on the distance...   I made sure to get enough of the US to show how far MD is to AZ, and the New Zealand distance...  :laffs:

Ironically, the flight time is a little less than the drive time - if you accept that as a challenge, Ron... :lmao:

Multiply kilometers by 0.6 to come up with the rough estimate in miles...  :thumbup::banana:59a3ba72c3de5_NZtoAZ1.thumb.png.f0fb17d163672cf84d8a805ebdc4bfa8.png59a3ba7cd48ab_NZtoAZ2.thumb.png.56d708c70d25959ef67839b4c33e2374.png

1 hour ago, DNP said:

Yeah, but the record was longest distance driven....unless he's driving (not flying) the plane....I don't count it. 

Go figure. I've got a supporter. :laffs:Though.....it IS almost a 30 hour drive. And I ain't pushin it to try and break my previous time. Flying along at "plaid like" speeds in the middle of nowhere, isn't worth dealing with the officer on the side of the road trying to explaining a gangbox full of rifles. :lmao: Especially with my daughter with me.

Edited by Rsquared

That's awefully sweet you think of Matt like a daughter. Oh wait...you mean your ACTUAL daughter. Sorry. Gonna take 4 days doing the speed limit and stopping for pee breaks. Not to mention she'll probably speak up when she wants out....instead of trying to play cool for the robot. 

2 hours ago, Rsquared said:

Go figure. I've got a supporter. :laffs:Though.....it IS almost a 30 hour drive. And I ain't pushin it to try and break my previous time. Flying along at "plaid like" speeds in the middle of nowhere, isn't worth dealing with the officer on the side of the road trying to explaining a gangbox full of rifles. :lmao: Especially with my daughter with me.

You have MANY supporters, you stubborn jackass...  :lmao:  And since when in the shiit did that drive take you 30 hours?!!?  It didn't!  I'm calling BS on that one - Matt was secretly texting me...  "He WON'T STOP.  I can't believe a tank of gas LASTS THIS LONG!..."  :banana:

1 hour ago, DNP said:

That's awefully sweet you think of Matt like a daughter.

That's the first damn thing that went through my twisted brain, too!...   :laffs::thumbup:

1 hour ago, 98Z5V said:

You have MANY supporters, you stubborn jackass...  :lmao:  And since when in the shiit did that drive take you 30 hours?!!?  It didn't!  I'm calling BS on that one - Matt was secretly texting me...  "He WON'T STOP.  I can't believe a tank of gas LASTS THIS LONG!..."  :banana:

That's the first damn thing that went through my twisted brain, too!...   :laffs::thumbup:

Me too !!!! ?

6 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

It's 26 from here.....

13 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

You have MANY supporters, you stubborn jackass...  :lmao:  And since when in the shiit did that drive take you 30 hours?!!?  It didn't!  I'm calling BS on that one - Matt was secretly texting me...  "He WON'T STOP.  I can't believe a tank of gas LASTS THIS LONG!..." 

Technically, I guess it was more like a solid 24 hours (ish) from east to west. I was adding the 6 hour hop due South to pick up Matt. I left my place at 0300, picked up Matt around 0900 and was wheels up shortly after that. And I think that it was about noon the following day when we pulled up to Tom's shop (subtract the time difference).

15 hours ago, DNP said:

Gonna take 4 days doing the speed limit and stopping for pee breaks. Not to mention she'll probably speak up when she wants out....instead of trying to play cool for the robot. 

Ha! You'd be surprised my man. She's more like me than her mother. Plus, keep in mind that I married young (too fukin young), so Kate is closing on 27.

16 hours ago, DNP said:

That's awefully sweet you think of Matt like a daughter. Oh wait...you mean your ACTUAL daughter. Sorry. Gonna take 4 days doing the speed limit and stopping for pee breaks. Not to mention she'll probably speak up when she wants out....instead of trying to play cool for the robot. 

Damn straight, if she's anything like Ron he'll act out of self-preservation and keep her comfortable.

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

Ha! You'd be surprised my man. She's more like me than her mother. Plus, keep in mind that I married young (too fukin young), so Kate is closing on 27.

I thought you said you had her young?  Hell...I guess 40 is still young to some folks. 

• 1 month later...
On 8/29/2017 at 6:44 AM, Rsquared said:

No question there. New Zealand easily wins hands-down as far as distance. Consider my record broken. :laffs:

Hey guys, our internal flights have been changed and we are simply going to run way short on time, result is we are not going to make it to Arizona, can't tell you how disappointed I am, was so very much looking forward to meeting you all.

Seriously appreciate the invitation, it says a lot of you guys to invite a total stranger from the other side of the planet to an event in your backyard.

Cheers

On 10/8/2017 at 10:39 PM, 308kiwi said:

Hey guys, our internal flights have been changed and we are simply going to run way short on time, result is we are not going to make it to Arizona, can't tell you how disappointed I am, was so very much looking forward to meeting you all.

Seriously appreciate the invitation, it says a lot of you guys to invite a total stranger from the other side of the planet to an event in your backyard.

Cheers

Invitation stands, brother.  Anytime you make it here, just give us a heads-up.  We will set up a shoot during your schedule.  It's been done before, when people say they're traveling here - we get it together quickly.  I wish the timing for this one would have worked better for your timing, because this is gonna be a good one! 

Won't be the last, though - so let us know when you're around.  :thumbup:

• 4 weeks later...

We appreciate that very much, just got home to NZ last night, 36 hours after leaving LA, tired is an understatement.

BUT, we had a fantastic time in the USA. saw heaps, did heaps, didn't crash the rental, (bonus), spent more than the budget, (inevitable).

We have already been discussing our next trip to the USA :cool: