• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I like food too much.

Sisco

Stepped on the scale three weeks ago. Holy crap! I have gained 25 pounds in six months! Made me sick to look at it. Inactivity post surgery, and I really enjoy cooking. A bad mix. A firefighter friend of mine has put on some pounds as well, so he and I have got a weight loss contest going. My goal is 70 pounds in the next 18 months. In three weeks I am down 15 pounds but haven't started serious PT yet. I have cut out all bread, potatos, and refined sugar and all processed food. Basically eating meat, leafy vegetables for carbs, fruit, mostly berries, and some beans. Pretty much a diabetic diet. Feel a lot better. Once I start to stabilize I will cut portions back and kick in the PT. Always open for suggestions.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Sisco said:

Stepped on the scale three weeks ago. Holy crap! I have gained 25 pounds in six months! Made me sick to look at it. Inactivity post surgery, and I really enjoy cooking. A bad mix. A firefighter friend of mine has put on some pounds as well, so he and I have got a weight loss contest going. My goal is 70 pounds in the next 18 months. In three weeks I am down 15 pounds but haven't started serious PT yet. I have cut out all bread, potatos, and refined sugar and all processed food. Basically eating meat, leafy vegetables for carbs, fruit, mostly berries, and some beans. Pretty much a diabetic diet. Feel a lot better. Once I start to stabilize I will cut portions back and kick in the PT. Always open for suggestions.

Good for you Sisco !      Ive been to the dietician twice in 6 six weeks.....only thing ive lost is weight in my wallet....she is hot though....I get a beaver shot bout once in every session...so its worth the 120 bills....:cool:   Wash

Oh you wanted some tips......okay limit carbs to less than 45 a meal....for me its 45 a day cause she caught me looking at beaver.....

Edited by washguy

5 minutes ago, washguy said:

Good for you Sisco !      Ive been to the dietician twice in 6 six weeks.....only thing ive lost is weight in my wallet....she is hot though....I get a beaver shot bout once in every session...so its worth the 120 bills....:cool:   Wash

Pics on the "next round," or you're full of shiit, brother...  This is some serious "Put up or shut up" stuff here. 

It's WAY more serious than Lesson 65B or "The Rule..."

You gotta get busy now.  Have that smartphone ragin' when you go in on the next one, you fucker... :thumbup:

Edited by 98Z5V

Just now, 98Z5V said:

Pics on the "next round," or you're full of shiit, brother...  This is some serious "Put up or poop up" stuff here.  It's WAY more serious than Lesson 65B or "The Rule..."

You gotta get bust now.  Have that smartphone ragin' when you go in on the nest one, you fucker... :thumbup:

That Brother sounds like a freakin mission impossible.......she's on to me anyhow...she saw that mirror I had duct tapped to the top of my shoe....."the Rule" has been posted and ive abided by that "Rule."but you cant bust out a new effin "Rule "on me just like that.....and its past 2am here...so rules don't even apply....I had my zombie go to sleep meds 2 hrs.ago and supposed to be fast asleep....I think ill go fire up lil red and open the nitrous valve turn on the tank heater flip on the nitrous window computer and go for a spin...whatcha think? do or die?

Wash

13 minutes ago, washguy said:

and its past 2am here...so rules don't even apply....I had my zombie go to sleep meds 2 hrs.ago and supposed to be fast asleep....I think ill go fire up lil red and open the nitrous valve turn on the tank heater flip on the nitrous window computer and go for a spin...whatcha think? do or die?

Wash

Hell no,  you jackass- don't wreck the 'Vette. Just get some damn pics of the therapist next time she's yankin' and tuggin' on you.  Dumbass.  :bitchslap::hornet:

5 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

You have NO IDEA how bad I'd pay for pics of some chick bustin' you up....  :lmao:

Ive got some 80's polaroid  pics in the lockbox that are pricless......did I ever tell you the story of the time when the cord came off the Ben Wah vibrating eggs?

crap im drooling on the keyboard ......no not cause of that.... 10-7 over and out

Edited by washguy

:laffs:You guys keep me laughing I will lose some more weight. Beaver, by the way, is high in good fat and low in carbs, and if prepared properly, tastes like chicken despite some claims that its fishy. Some gourmands like to remove the hair, others prefer it a la natural. Definitely a part of any well balanced diet. Serving suggestion: with Ben Wah eggs on the side, followed by a cigarette and a nap.

9 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Congrats, brother.  Somehow, you just combined the "grilling" thread with the "training" thread...   :lmao:

Get after it!  :thumbup:

Well food intake, or restricting it is part of serious training.  Time to save this thread from totally going south!:nutkick:

6 hours ago, Sisco said:

:laffs:You guys keep me laughing I will lose some more weight. Beaver, by the way, is high in good fat and low in carbs, and if prepared properly, tastes like chicken despite some claims that its fishy. Some gourmands like to remove the hair, others prefer it a la natural. Definitely a part of any well balanced diet. Serving suggestion: with Ben Wah eggs on the side, followed by a cigarette and a nap.

Is beaver
the other "white meat"      :laffs:     Wash

On 7/30/2017 at 7:46 AM, Sisco said:

Tastes kinda like a tuna taco with natural juices.

• 1 month later...

It's a big adjustment for me now. 30 yrs. up @ 0300choke down some food out the door 0430 for a 0600 start within about 50 mil. rad., coffee @ 0900, lunch @ 1200 on the road home hopefully by 1530. Have a couple of beers eat around  1800 like I'm going to the electric chair, falling asleep in the chair, lights out by 2000. After 50 miles the day gets longer. Longest was 4 hrs. It's definitely more fun putting on the weight than it is taking it off:banana:.

10 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

I really need to follow your example! I've been trying to eat healthier but only seeing very modest results, hard to stay the course living on the road. 

Modest is ok just stick with it. Had a steak a salad and some raspberries tonight so you don't have to starve yourself. Just get rid of the fillers.