Sisco

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Rsquared said:

I've been about 200 pounds even (give or take) for the last 20 years or so. I guess I'm lucky and don't have a sweet tooth for sugary stuff. Now the Arby's menu.........I can do a hurtin on some of that stuff. :laffs:

R2   After I sucked down my beefn chedder with that oh so good horsey sauce running down my chin...I brought Char home a cold turkey sandwich ....it had carved turkey breast and a spicey mayo. great grainy type bread..she could only eat half...so I ate the other  half for dinner....man im telling you good bye beef ...hello turkey.....nah...don't think so...but maybe?       :banana:    Wash

Guys I finally started exercising a few weeks ago to go with the diet. Started with a couple of 5 pound potato bags, I would hold them at arms length in front of me for a full minute without dropping them. I progressed to 10 pound bags, 25 pound bags, 50 pound bags, and Friday I was able to do that with 2 -100 pound bags. I am real proud of myself. Tomorrow I am going to put a couple of potatos in each bag and see how I do.

:banana:

On 11/19/2017 at 8:13 PM, Sisco said:

Guys I finally started exercising a few weeks ago to go with the diet. Started with a couple of 5 pound potato bags, I would hold them at arms length in front of me for a full minute without dropping them. I progressed to 10 pound bags, 25 pound bags, 50 pound bags, and Friday I was able to do that with 2 -100 pound bags. I am real proud of myself. Tomorrow I am going to put a couple of potatos in each bag and see how I do.

i herd of guy loosing weight by only eating potatoes for a year. any way he wanted and minimal topings..

On 11/19/2017 at 10:13 PM, Sisco said:

You almost got me. 

If if I could motivate myself I’d like to get some kettle bells but knowing me I’d buy them and there they’d sit

36 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Been using a couple of milk gallons filled with water for weights. Looking for a 5 gal. bucket with a spout/lid for [bar bell]. Moving water makes it a little challenging.

Since I have been on a diuretic for blood pressure, moving water is a snap for me, whether I like it or not.

In seriousness, still about two weeks away from resuming exercise with this ankle. Doc has to give me final clearance.

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 10:13 PM, Sisco said:

Sisco   hold my weiner....now that's some weight !   lift down lift down lift down.. faster now faster....:laffs:    Wash

On 11/19/2017 at 9:13 PM, Sisco said:

I like to do that exercise with beersteins full of beer, that way when I get tired I have a handy carb supply!:laffs:

7 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Been using a couple of milk gallons filled with water for weights. Looking for a 5 gal. bucket with a spout/lid for [bar bell]. Moving water makes it a little challenging.

water is 8 lbs per gallon.. i had to poor concrete stairs a few times by bucket.. ad rocks and sand to 3 gallons of water in each arm = longer arms and 3 flights of stairs work out! 

Good thing your young brother. The worse one for me was a 3 tower 9 fl. no skip till the job was half way done.Shlepping ladders,polycarts,material and tools sucked. 9 mos of that sucked. The drive suked more than that. The things you do to earn a living. Just remember to use proper body mechanics. Take care of your back, doesn't take much to tweak it.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Madhouse said:

Sisco, how are you making out on your original goal man?

I need to start this process as well...  :embarrassed:

If I lived in Houston, I would join your Dojo and have you put me through some rigorous training. Although my Orthopedist thought the Makiwara training I used to do might have led to some of my bone spur issues. Will never know for sure.

15 hours ago, Sisco said:

If I lived in Houston, I would join your Dojo and have you put me through some rigorous training. Although my Orthopedist thought the Makiwara training I used to do might have led to some of my bone spur issues. Will never know for sure.

I had about 8 fights the other night in the advanced adult class, i must have left 5 lbs of sweat in my gi.  I just turned 49, and it's not so easy any more fighting these 20-somethings.  :box1: