• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

My working man's 308.

confused

1 hour ago, Boot_Scraper said:

I like your style:thumbup::hail:

I love H's stuff. 

Thanks Boot !    So that makes one on here that likes my style...crap I "see" a trend starting  :laffs:

As for H...he has cost me a wad of bills,but Ive got a wad of 6.8"s ,a lite hunter 308 barrel buildup,and the two Nex gens....its a good thing im not a wildcat reloader cause I would be in real trouble    :thumbup:      Wash

7 hours ago, washguy said:

Thanks Boot !    So that makes one on here that likes my style...crap I "see" a trend starting  :laffs:

As for H...he has cost me a wad of bills,but Ive got a wad of 6.8"s ,a lite hunter 308 barrel buildup,and the two Nex gens....its a good thing im not a wildcat reloader cause I would be in real trouble    :thumbup:      Wash

The 6.8 is a wildcat , is it not ? :laffs:

On ‎8‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 6:58 AM, survivalshop said:

The 6.8 is a wildcat , is it not ? :laffs:

HaHa why it sure is  :laffs: come to think of it...ive got so many of em Ive come to think of em as a standard caliber....but H has got some off the wall stuff that you have to load yourself...cant do it anymore...that reloading is addictive...well for shotgun shells it was...daaamn with every pull of the handle a shell falls into a six gallon bucket...ive still got some of my famous dove loads...I would have to go look at the recipe...but those shells had a sound all their own,and would bring a dove down already gutted and defeathered  :laffs:me and my buddy found the recipe in the Winchester book.....had to keep the shells on ice on a hot morning....       :cool:   Wash  

26 minutes ago, washguy said:

HaHa why it sure is  :laffs: come to think of it...ive got so many of em Ive come to think of em as a standard caliber....but H has got some off the wall stuff that you have to load yourself...cant do it anymore...that reloading is addictive...well for shotgun shells it was...daaamn with every pull of the handle a shell falls into a six gallon bucket...ive still got some of my famous dove loads...I would have to go look at the recipe...but those shells had a sound all their own,and would bring a dove down already gutted and defeathered  :laffs:me and my buddy found the recipe in the Winchester book.....had to keep the shells on ice on a hot morning....       :cool:   Wash  

My shoulder hurts just reading that

3 hours ago, shepp said:

My shoulder hurts just reading that

Those were loaded in 95...shoulder bruises just about gone....good thing I switched to an autoloader...ive been searching for the boxes of em in the garage,but its too hot....it was a winchester powder slow burner and if memory serves it was 1 1/8 oz doing 1440 fps    it was the shell that killed on both ends   :laffs:  Wash

Ahhh        the recipe from the 90's   the year  1995

Winchester
Powder WSF
Primer Win. 209
Wad Fed. 12S3
Maximum Load
Grains 29.5
Pressure 10,800 PSI
Velocity (ft/s) 1,400             okay so I missed velocity by 40fps..........they smell like freakin nitro about to blow.....I think ill go pop one off in the alley

Edited by washguy

6 hours ago, Rsquared said:

I'm ALL for that. I'll light off suppressed loads (300 Blk) into my back yard periodically just to keep the neighbors guessing. Wondering what that "click of the action" sound was.

Like shooting coons of the deck with the .22 with the patio door cracked and the muzzle only an inch out. Crack casing bounces across the tile floor

10 hours ago, shepp said:

Like shooting coons of the deck with the .22 with the patio door cracked and the muzzle only an inch out. Crack casing bounces across the tile floor

You lucky guy...we don't have any coons around us....that sounds like fun...we got some possums...but the POPO house is too close...Im thinkin with me and them its not a three strike deal you're out... its a one and done deal they way he explained things in the alley:laffs:  Wash