• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I sense a recall coming

18 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

227 TacOps, it is an ammo issue, you are not holding the weapon properly, your weapon is in spec.....quietly they exchange modified magazines to those that complain. I could keep going. 

They never fixed mine. I had ten of the 14rd mags and six of the 10rd mags... none ran 100% I eventually redlined the gun and sold it. 

Fuckin great pistol... when it fired. I had 2-3 FTF (nose dive into the feed ramp) per mag. It only happened with HP rounds though. 

I read some started using extra power P14 springs. 

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Robocop1051 said:

They never fixed mine. I had ten of the 14rd mags and six of the 10rd mags... none ran 100% I eventually redlined the gun and sold it. 

I have not been able to sort out exactly what Sig did to solve the issue , I don't recall anyone posting with the issue on the Sig forum for about a year now so they either just quit selling them or got the issue resolved.

4 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Yes, yes I do. After having near a dozen interactions with Sig customer service personally and spending several years on a Sig forum reading about hundreds of other interactions and the bullschit statments people are given I have arrived at this conclusion. Have I heard or read this from any Sig exec's, no, but this is a regular occurrence with Sig. If they have not determined that an early release of a faulty weapon is still more profitable than a delay for in-depth testing then I am at a loss as to why they would repeat this over and over. The 320 is not an isolated issue for them it is part of a pattern they have established. P938, for over two years people are told their grip is causing the issue, the trigger is designed to be heavy, your weapon is in spec, then quietly they issue a new modified MSH and mag catch. MCX, hammers are getting broken, gouging on the inside of the receiver, your weapon is in spec, expect some normal wear, then quietly they issue a voluntary recall for the carriage assembly and triggers. 227 TacOps, it is an ammo issue, you are not holding the weapon properly, your weapon is in spec.....quietly they exchange modified magazines to those that complain. I could keep going. 

They seem to always fix the issue but at the cost of customers time, ammo, and frustration. Don't get me wrong, I will never part with my MK25's or PM400, simply love the problem free performance, but I will never buy a new model from Sig that has not been on the market for 5 plus years and has a clean track record, I don't like beta testing their 716 for them and will not fall for it again.

I find it odd that they can still sell a firearm after reading that !   Yes, I'm being sarcastic . I could make a list like that with every Pistol manufacturer , doesn't mean they believe  their product will never be used or that they R&D'ed it for little little use & hoped they would be safe Queens !

There is no logical business sense it that thought train , seems to me they sold 500K of these Pistols , they don't seem, to be doing too bad .

Hay, this is my first Sig, I find I have to defend my choice of Pistols :laffs:

I didn't once see it hit at the angle the others were dropping at. The hallowed trigger looks like it should do the trick, but that was a terrible video. Half of the drops you didn't even see the gun hit. The ones that did land looked to be much further off angle than the previous tests. Hope it's the answer. They're worried about the tilt so they used a string....I'm sure they saw that plenty of people duplicated their results with no string, right?  

SS...are you as suspicious of this video as you are the rest?  Or does this one make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

Edited by DNP

7 hours ago, DNP said:

I didn't once see it hit at the angle the others were dropping at. The hallowed trigger looks like it should do the trick, but that was a terrible video. Half of the drops you didn't even see the gun hit. The ones that did land looked to be much further off angle than the previous tests. Hope it's the answer. They're worried about the tilt so they used a string....I'm sure they saw that plenty of people duplicated their results with no string, right?  

SS...are you as suspicious of this video as you are the rest?  Or does this one make you feel all warm and fuzzy?

I was never worried that the issue would be resolved , I could not get my personal P320 to release the Striker & I beat the snot out of it & dropped it , not sure if I had the angle correct or not , hard to get it to drop the same way twice .

Is this the first Pistol or firearm that I have had a recall on, no , the ones I personally have had to send back , they have been repaired or serviced to my satisfaction. Hell , I had to send my PPKS back twice for them to get it right , but its a beautiful thing now , my S&W Shield had a Trigger recall two weeks after I purchased it & I carry it every day & don't have an issue with doing it . 

The Video was poorly done , the first thing I thought was , get out of the way , so I can see . There is an unconfirmed video out there that show the P320 being dropped from another angle & it goes off , but as I have said , I don't trust any of the internet BS & still say this is an effort to discredit this Pistol . I want to see all other Striker fired Pistols treated in the same way , because I think we all may be surprised at the out come , but they didn't , they put their effort into one design & manufacturer & it brought out all the Hate of those who don't like a particular manufacturer . Just go to the Sigtalk sight , anyone who had an issue with a Sig , as we have seen above , thinks Sig did this on purpose , Really ?

The improvements according to most sources , including SIG , also include Slide modifications , so its just not a Trigger parts swap , so I'm confident Sig will fix this issue no matter what the haters say & I'm happy with my purchase , Sig was always a brand I wanted to have one of ,  just they alway been a little on the high price side for me . I found the P320 to be an interesting design & it had nothing to do with the military contract .

I don't hate, just had the same thoughts on the video...get out of the way jackass!  I have had zero doubt SIG will correct it if there is truly something wrong and it appears there was. 

Mom only poking because you seemed iffy about the previous videos, but the one you threw up is the most questionable in my opinion. No hate...I swear. 

I don't think and didn't say SIG did this on purpose. Their track record of late shows they release new weapons without thorough testing and then try to slide by as cheap as they can when it comes to getting things straight. Love most of my Sigs, odds are I will buy another SIG someday. I agree this 320 issue seems like a hit job, I am sure there are many pistols that would fire under the same abuse.

I just registered my P320 with Sig , something i have never done before ( fill out warranty card & a survey )

The issues I have with the other Video's is , they seem to show a concentrated effort to find something , anything wrong with the Pistol Platform , not that its not its not a good safety concern , its how they had no comparison or even a thought that this may not be an isolated issue with other Striker fired Pistols . They seem to have zeroed in on the P320 & did everything they could to make it fail in some way , I can make any firearm fail if I want to !

The other issue I have with any testing video on the internet , is , you have no way of knowing what was done or any modifications to said firearm , you have to take their word that the test, the firearm are as they say . As I said , I don't know these people & don't have any idea of their likes or dislikes or what their qualifications are to conduct such tests . I would like to see engineers doing these tests , not someone who wants to put these weapons past their normal abuse , to make them fail . I really don't want to see a firearm tested beyond its designed parameters , I want it to be tested ,but not destroyed to make a point .

To be perfectly honest , I have dropped locked & loaded firearms before & it may seem odd , but I actually expect them to go off , fire . They never have , but I cringe every time I have accidentally dropped one , holstered or not . 

Edited by survivalshop

I always thought the reason for the current scrutiny of the P320 had to do with a LEO dropping his duty weapon and it shot him.  Here is the story I found about a lawsuit due to this happening.  I thought there was an issue with the Dallas PD as well but didn't spend the time to find out if that was the case.

That said, I agree that multiple manufacturers should be tested in the same way to put these results in context.  Medical testing always compares a test group or groups against a control group.  I consider testing on one isolated drug or treatment as propaganda used to sell that product.  The same goes for tests conducted by the manufacturer or a competitor.

4 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

I always thought the reason for the current scrutiny of the P320 had to do with a LEO dropping his duty weapon and it shot him.  Here is the story I found about a lawsuit due to this happening.  I thought there was an issue with the Dallas PD as well but didn't spend the time to find out if that was the case.

That said, I agree that multiple manufacturers should be tested in the same way to put these results in context.  Medical testing always compares a test group or groups against a control group.  I consider testing on one isolated drug or treatment as propaganda used to sell that product.  The same goes for tests conducted by the manufacturer or a competitor.

Does someone test a firearm model after an AD ? I don't think so , because no one would carry a 70 series 1911 , if they did & almost all AD are operator/owners fault . You can say dropping any firearm is operator error , if it fires or not .

The SigForum Thread on this started with the AD of the LEO you are referring to, last I looked at it it had about 55 pages  , but quickly went into the P320 AD . The P320 in question was dropped about two -three feet, those video tests show five foot testing , why not twenty or 2K , if you get my meaning .

Yes , once they found this defect in the P320 ,( if you could call it that , because it passed all testing , that all manufacturers use ) they should of right away , even before they published this video , should have tested others the same way , thats why it looks like they are fishing for something with this particular model or Brand .

I'm really not sticking up for Sig , yes for my choice of Pistol , which has a sound reputation , till now , but I don't like the way this whole thing paned out , on both sides .

Edited by survivalshop

Just over ten years ago, I wanted a compact 45 for concealed carry.  I bought a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145.  I know, I know... there are a lot of people who would criticize that choice.  I called Taurus earlier this year to see if I could get a new magazine follower.  Their customer service rep wouldn't even talk to me because my pistol is included in the class action lawsuit.  My response, "What are you talking about?"  She directed me to, https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com.  Again it involves an accidental discharge when dropped.  I registered with the court appointed trustee and awaited my prepaid shipping label.  But while I was waiting I did some Googling on this matter.  The PT145 is a SA/DA pistol.  With a round in the chamber the the striker spring is compressed and the striker is on the SA sear.  Some brave soul took the entire pistol apart and completely removed the single action parts.  It still fires in DAO mode.  I got in contact with him and did the same to my PT145.  The firing pin block still functions and if dropped the inertia has to move move the block and compress the striker spring.  The trigger feels like an ordinary revolver.  Since it's not a target pistol I'm really happy with the outcome.  I'm comfortable that it's about as drop safe as any pistol.  It's not going back to Taurus.

And to answer my question about other Striker fired Pistols testing , Omaha came out with this video , a rather quick one , but he made some good points .

15 minutes ago, confused said:

Just over ten years ago, I wanted a compact 45 for concealed carry.  I bought a Taurus Millennium Pro PT145.  I know, I know... there are a lot of people who would criticize that choice.  I called Taurus earlier this year to see if I could get a new magazine follower.  Their customer service rep wouldn't even talk to me because my pistol is included in the class action lawsuit.  My response, "What are you talking about?"  She directed me to, https://www.tauruscartersettlement.com.  Again it involves an accidental discharge when dropped.  I registered with the court appointed trustee and awaited my prepaid shipping label.  But while I was waiting I did some Googling on this matter.  The PT145 is a SA/DA pistol.  With a round in the chamber the the striker spring is compressed and the striker is on the SA sear.  Some brave soul took the entire pistol apart and completely removed the single action parts.  It still fires in DAO mode.  I got in contact with him and did the same to my PT145.  The firing pin block still functions and if dropped the inertia has to move move the block and compress the striker spring.  The trigger feels like an ordinary revolver.  Since it's not a target pistol I'm really happy with the outcome.  I'm comfortable that it's about as drop safe as any pistol.  It's not going back to Taurus.

Now thats interesting , not sure they tested that one :thumbup:

3 hours ago, survivalshop said:

And the Sig page for signing up for the upgrade is down , too many applying ? Did find out that Sig is paying for shipping , but no one is sure who is paying g for the upgrade.

Last week it depended on the CS person you got, some were telling people they would be charged and others told people it was free. Last I heard they will be covering all expenses involved.

Yes they cover it all . They have a registration sight to fill out your serial number , but it won't take mine for some reason or another , maybe the sight is locked up , I will try tomorrow or call them or just wait a while & just shoot my new pistol .

Which was going to be my new Carry Gun , now it has to wait for the upgrade to use it for that .  I feel the need to buy another Sig or something else that catches my fancy :laffs:, just to use in the mean time , till my P320 is ready .

I got to put my info in for the Voluntary upgrade , but not with their web form , it wouldn't let me input info as the instructions read , I called this morning to see why it won't load my Ser. # & the rep said it could be my browser ( Safari ) so he took my info over the phone , wtf , glad I called at opening time :laffs:

They will start sending return labels as soon as the are set up to take Pistols in for the upgrades .

Edited by survivalshop

Great video brother SS, noticed they didn't show any Xdm's. I purchased my Xdm's after watching the torture test on the pistol. Beat the $hit out of it and it still went 5K rds..

I fell in love with the look of the Sig Scorpion Carry 4.25. Had problems with a short time FTF/FTE sent it in Sig worked on it. Got it back still wasn't 100% so I sent it to a brother. He got it running. But I got it in the back of my mine that there "were" issues and gives my second thought on everyday. I love the way the pistol fits the hand. Everyday Xdm/  for me in pistol.

5 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Great video brother SS, noticed they didn't show any Xdm's. I purchased my Xdm's after watching the torture test on the pistol. Beat the $hit out of it and it still went 5K rds..

I fell in love with the look of the Sig Scorpion Carry 4.25. Had problems with a short time FTF/FTE sent it in Sig worked on it. Got it back still wasn't 100% so I sent it to a brother. He got it running. But I got it in the back of my mine that there "were" issues and gives my second thought on everyday. I love the way the pistol fits the hand. Everyday Xdm/  for me in pistol.

I have three XDM's & 1 XD , 2- 9mm's & 2- 45's, only problem I have with them is, I don't get shoot them enough :lmao: