• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I sense a recall coming

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, unforgiven said:

Would I buy another Sig , naw I'd pass. That just my 2 mags.

I'm going to buy another one in 45 acp , just because !:laffs: I even have my eyes on the one I want  & it might be another P 320 !

This BS doesn't bother me at all , mine passed my drop testing & I'm not afraid to use it .

Can't go wrong with the classic P series Sigs. My MK25's just don't stop, clean dirty, cheap ammo, doesn't matter, they go bang every time! My 938 took several trips back to Sig for updated parts but is now a very reliable pistol, only about trouble free 800 rounds from the last fix so I don't want to count all the chickens with it yet.

11 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

I think I finally got to you...   :lmao::thumbup:

Ya ,Damn thing looks good with the black grips ! :thumbup:

Here is an explanation with drawing/pictures of upgrades http://www.gunsandammo.com/news/sig-sauer-p320-public-service-announcement/

Looking at how they are upgrading , it seems to me , this is not an overnight ,quick fix . I'll be willing to bet this has already been tested , most likely in R&D while designing the P320 FCU & was deemed not needed by the bean counters , which sometimes comes back to haunt most manufacturers at some point . 

I'll be happy that they will make my P320 safer :thumbup:  Shooting review coming to a Thread near you :laffs:

• 3 weeks later...

More then likely , from what I have been reading , the Military contract pistol has these upgrades already , with a thumb Safety . some think the omitting of these upgrades or configuration , was a cost cutting for the Civilian version . They say this is why Sig was so quick to have this upgrade , it was like, the next day they had a working upgrade to fix the issue  , thats fast.

The lawsuit from the LEO , sure has a bunch of BS from Connecticut, Just don't drop you firearm , period . We really don't know what happened , though the LEO had a great deal of experience . 

There is another recall for a different manufacturer that has a alert  for upgrade to a  severe duty upgrade .https://www.ammoland.com/2017/09/century-arms-announces-product-safety-warning-severe-duty-upgrade-notice/#axzz4smpBqlTX

• 2 weeks later...

Got this Email from  SIG Sauer yesterday about Upgrades.

"Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol."

On 10/4/2017 at 4:39 PM, survivalshop said:

Got this Email from  SIG Sauer yesterday about Upgrades.

"Thank you for successfully registering your P320 for SIG SAUER’s no-cost Voluntary Upgrade Program. It is our goal to keep you informed throughout this process.

We will begin sending information and labels required for returning your P320 throughout October and November. Shipping labels will go out in stages based on when each P320 was registered so you may not see yours immediately.

We would also like to take this opportunity to verify your return shipment information.

Keep in mind that we must have a physical residential address to return your firearm to you (no business or PO Box addresses will be accepted), and an adult over 21 years of age will need to be home to sign for the returned pistol."

are they sending a ffl dealer to your house to deliver it? or are you still a registered ffl ?  maybe your laws differ from my state? atleast they acknowledged you personally ish?

2 hours ago, sketch said:

are they sending a ffl dealer to your house to deliver it? or are you still a registered ffl ?  maybe your laws differ from my state? atleast they acknowledged you personally ish?

They will email a return Label for FedEx , ( the only carrier that will accept Firearms ) & will be shipped back to my address , with signature , of course .

1 hour ago, survivalshop said:

They will email a return Label for FedEx , ( the only carrier that will accept Firearms ) & will be shipped back to my address , with signature , of course .

Of the half dozen plus times I have had weapons shipped back from Sig I have only signed a couple times. They usually just leave it sit on the doorstep. Sig has been terrible about notifying me when they ship.