• Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

I sense a recall coming

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, ARTrooper said:

Did sig come up with a permanent fix for the problem yet?

They already had it implemented on the pistol for the military contract, or rather that system didn't have the problem. The engineering was already done so they were able to move pretty fast with corrections for the civilian model.

8 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

They already had it implemented on the pistol for the military contract, or rather that system didn't have the problem. The engineering was already done so they were able to move pretty fast with corrections for the civilian model.

Ok, thanks for the heads up because I have been thinking this will be my next pistol after finishing my build.

3 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

The service contract pistol has a thumb safety.  The P320 for civilian consumption has no user safeties.

I am usually a huge fan of thumb safeties for single action... but not sure I would need or want one in a striker fire. Probably something I would have to try out.

Sounds like the weight of the trigger is a fix, lighter trigger equals less inertia on impact. Many are replacing the factory trigger with a version from Apex that appears to solve the problem. The flat version anyway, Apex may have stopped selling their curved version.

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/1339/

22 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

Sounds like the weight of the trigger is a fix, lighter trigger equals less inertia on impact. Many are replacing the factory trigger with a version from Apex that appears to solve the problem. The flat version anyway, Apex may have stopped selling their curved version.

https://www.apextactical.com/blog/index.php/apex-news/1339/

The update is more then just the Trigger ,I have a link to the upgrades. http://www.gunsandammo.com/news/sig-sauer-p320-public-service-announcement/

Now Ruger has two safety recalls, people going to throw their Rugers away & never buy another one , think their will be Ruger Hate ,like was fornicating these very pages , I think not , being at the top or the smarter one , always gets more bad attention .

http://www.ruger.com/products/sr1911/specSheets/6739.html 

Sig's fix is more than the trigger but I have yet to hear of anyone being able to replicate the drop issues with the flat Apex trigger installed.

Ruger never saw another dime of my money since Bill Ruger made his 10 round magazine statement.. That Ruger precision rifle has had me squirming to find a way out of that stance but I can be a bit stubborn about those I see as damaging my 2A rights, as I am sure you're aware :laffs:

37 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

Ruger never saw another dime of my money since Bill Ruger made his 10 round magazine statement.. That Ruger precision rifle has had me squirming to find a way out of that stance but I can be a bit stubborn about those I see as damaging my 2A rights, as I am sure you're aware :laffs:

The Ruger Precision Rifle has it's own safety bulletin out right now, brother - aluminum bolt shroud causing cycling/cocking interference.

https://ruger.com/dataProcess/rprSafety/index.php

Edited by 98Z5V

I still want the complete upgrade , the lighter Trigger makes sense , but I like the fact they are adding the Disconnect & lighterStriker & Sear to go with the Trigger .

Ruger Hate , I love it .             Not really , I have two Rugers , both SS Black Hawks in 45 Colt , I love them & the Cartridge .

• 2 weeks later...

Sig P320's are having only a two week turn around time for the upgrades , I haven't got my return label yet , but its packed up ready to go . Seems like Sig & Fedex are doing very well in this upgrade program .

Some say no difference in Pistol feel , but one said the disassembly lever was stiff , one guy why had his in to Sig for other upgrades & let them keep it for the upgrade , said his trigger was different then before & felt gritty & the slide would not go to battery with out letting it drop from full retraction & I got a laugh out if that last one , did he take a trigger pull reading before he first sent it to Sig & what else did he have done to the Pistol for him sending it to them to begin with , not to mention they had it since early August , whats that Three months he didn't have or shoot the Pistol & he has Trigger pull memory :laffs:. How can you remember a trigger pull or even compare it , if it wasn't gaged to begin with . 

Reviews like the last one above , really kill me , I have an avg. pull of 6 1/2 # with my P320C & will see how it comes back when its my turn at the upgrade.

On 10/26/2017 at 7:03 AM, survivalshop said:

Some say no difference in Pistol feel , but one said the disassembly lever was stiff , one guy why had his in to Sig for other upgrades & let them keep it for the upgrade , said his trigger was different then before & felt gritty & the slide would not go to battery with out letting it drop from full retraction & I got a laugh out if that last one , did he take a trigger pull reading before he first sent it to Sig & what else did he have done to the Pistol for him sending it to them to begin with , not to mention they had it since early August , whats that Three months he didn't have or shoot the Pistol & he has Trigger pull memory :laffs:. How can you remember a trigger pull or even compare it , if it wasn't gaged to begin with . 

I call it "customer time" and I deal with it all the time. "I JUST had my bike IN HERE to have tires put on, and the damn thing VIBRATES and SHAKES me all over the road..."

Can I have your name, so I can check the service records, please?

"Yeah, I'm Charlie McFuckle, I was JUST IN HERE LAST WEEK..."

Okay, Mr McFuckle, I found your service records, from your last visit here.  It looks like we mounted and balanced your new Dunlop tires on your bike, and the mileage when you came in was 24,395 miles at the time of install...  36 months ago.  THREE FUCKING YEARS AGO.  What's the mileage on your bike NOW, Sir? - let's check... 

CUSTOMER TIME...  is always fucked up.  Doesn't even relate to modern reality, in any way... 

4 hours ago, StainTrain said:

Yeah, it's called the Glock Gen 5.

Was wondering when you would say something ,:laffs:    took you long enough . I know , you were waiting for just the right words :thumbup:  because you feel my pain that I sent my Sig in for upgrades & Glock still doesn't have the Military's contract :lmao:

On 10/31/2017 at 8:40 PM, survivalshop said:

Was wondering when you would say something ,:laffs:    took you long enough . I know , you were waiting for just the right words :thumbup:  because you feel my pain that I sent my Sig in for upgrades & Glock still doesn't have the Military's contract :lmao:

You guys know me too well. 

Glocks have been very faithful even when I have not.  I have had many mistresses, Ms. Sig, Ms. H&K,  Mrs. Beretta,  Mr. XD (it was a phase...call it experimentation). and a Saucy little hussy Springfield 1911 (some of you know the one I am talking about)   There have been others, but mainly in the form of one night (year) stands.  But the Glock, bless her heart,  has never let me down.  I am forever hers.  

Edited by StainTrain

3 minutes ago, StainTrain said:

You guys know me too well. 

Glocks have been very faithful even when I have not.  I have had many mistresses, Ms. Sig, Ms. H&K,  Mrs. Beretta,  Mr. XD (it was a phase...call it experimentation). and a Saucy little hussy Springfield 1911 (some of you know the one I am talking about)   There have been others, but mainly in the form of one night (year) stands.  But the Glock, bless her heart,  has never let me down.  I am forever hers.  

Your such a softy :laffs:

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2017 at 2:37 PM, StainTrain said:

Yeah, it's called the Glock Gen 5.

I carry a glock daily and the only thing I like about it is you can abuse it in ways I would never abuse a gun I like. it's like that fall back girl that you call up when you don't pick up a decent girl at the bar and then you just kick her out right after business is over.

• 2 weeks later...

My P320C will be back in my hands on the 14 th., according to the Tracking # .  I sent it in on Oct. 27th , Sig received it Oct. 31 st. , sent it back two day air , yesterday Nov. 10 th ,so that was a fast turn around time , whats that , two weeks , faster then any other Firearm I have sent in to the manufacturer , which this one makes three .