• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bushnell Tactical Elite XRS 4.5-30x50mm

I notice most the precision crowd that use suppressors have a cover on them to mitigate mirage. I tried one of the slip on silicone versions but it added so much weight and size plus kept the suppressor hot for a good bit longer making it a long wait before I could take it off at the range, it resides in a drawer now. I'm going to try and hit the range early tomorrow morning to take advantage of the 55 degree temps, that and slow down a bit, hard for me to do though, I need about a five weapon rotation going to give anything time to cool :thumbup:

Much better range trip this morning, not sure what my problem was last night but had much more consistent results this morning. No measureable POI change after remounting the scope :thumbup: for Aadmount! Slowed down my pace a bit and had much better luck getting my eyes to focus with the scope, also made a big difference on the mirage. I will have to invest in one of the Black Hills Mirage Abatement Device (MAD) so I can get back to my normal pace;http://blackhillsgear.com/store.html#!/Suppressor-Silencer-High-Temp-NOMEX-MAD-Wrap/p/85499571/category=0

The TacOps Handle stayed put so the BCM latch may be getting wore out or it is just the loose fit in this rifle.

No time this trip to do a good tracking test, too lazy to make my own so I ordered 25 of these, should last me a good while;https://shop.actiontarget.com/content/jdsver-1-jericho-defense-scope-verification-target.asp

Here are two targets at 100 yards, with and without suppressor FGMM 175gr 7.62x51 version, first one with my black SDN-6, second one without a suppressor;

100_5620.thumb.JPG.dc19336364c79248cad218b58228b6b8.JPG100_5621.thumb.JPG.66c2609e8e2800c00c4a10fb1f364cde.JPG

I will follow up with more pictures and observations related to POI shift and using a suppressor in the Class III section.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, GRA said:

I wonder if it will be the same hefty 34MM tube?

At $3,100.00 (+) MSRP it aint cheap.

It is a 34mm tube. I doubt street prices will be around $2,500, until the older models are cleared out, then they should come down a bit. Local guy I run into at the range has a connection that works for Bushnell, he can get the version like mine for $800 so they have a healthy mark up for sure!

1 minute ago, jtallen83 said:

It is a 34mm tube. I doubt street prices will be around $2,500, until the older models are cleared out, then they should come down a bit. Local guy I run into at the range has a connection that works for Bushnell, he can get the version like mine for $800 so they have a healthy mark up for sure!

I can see paying $800.00 for the model you bought this year.  Big badass scope though :thumbup: