• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Hello from the Texas Gulf Coast

mley1

Hello everyone. I'm listening to hurricane Harvey's storming weather outside as I type this. My name is Marty Ley. I've used AR15's for many years, but had never owned a .308 AR styled rifle, until now. 

I've ordered one from PSA. I get their sales emails, and I couldn't pass up their summer hunting sale on their PA10 uppers and a lower. Both together were only about 580.00 shipped. They were supposed to arrive today. Unfortunately, hurricane Harvey has seen fit to delay that UPS delivery. So, I'm hoping to lay hands on my new PA10 next week sometime. In the mean time I'll be happy reading and learning about them here. 

Thanks y'all,

Marty

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Welcome from Gulf Coast Texas (Pasadena) :thumbup:

WARNING: while this website and it's ever-building members are geniuses in their now right, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT CAN VERY EASILY BE DEPLETED HERE :evil:

Enjoy your time here.  Be receptive an open-minded and you'll have a blast while you build an arsenal :lmao:

Try ... to stay dry  :cool:

24 minutes ago, GRA said:

Welcome from Gulf Coast Texas (Pasadena) :thumbup:

WARNING: while this website and it's ever-building members are geniuses in their now right, YOUR BANK ACCOUNT CAN VERY EASILY BE DEPLETED HERE :evil:

Enjoy your time here.  Be receptive an open-minded and you'll have a blast while you build an arsenal :lmao:

Try ... to stay dry  :cool:

Can't deplete what ya don't have!! Here lately my kids(18 and 20yr olds) seem to need rescuing by daddy on a regular basis. Last night, during torrential rains, my 18yr old son decides to take his friend home. Being dark, and pouring down rain, he couldn't see well while backing his truck. And, he backed into the right rear of my truck. Now we both have dented up trucks!!

If it weren't for mistakes like that in my family I'd have a lot more fun money!! 

I hope your doing ok up in Pasadena during this storm. Looks like we're gonna get a lot more rain before it's over. 

6 minutes ago, mley1 said:

I hope your doing ok up in Pasadena during this storm. Looks like we're gonna get a lot more rain before it's over. 

Yes we're fine and thanks for asking.  If it gets too rough down there let me know as the roads should still be good enough to get to you.

1 minute ago, GRA said:

Yes we're fine and thanks for asking.  If it gets too rough down there let me know as the roads should still be good enough to get to you.

We're ok. Thanks. My wife is off today. She drives a Jeep Wrangler, and I drive a Ram 1500. Our street is flooded a little, but we're ok. We haven't lost electricity yet. I gotta get ready for work today. I'm a corrections officer at a prison hospital in Texas City. I work 1:00-10:00pm. So I'll probably head out a bit early due to the weather. 

If you don't have to work, hunker down and stay safe!

Marty

1 minute ago, mley1 said:

We're ok. Thanks. My wife is off today. She drives a Jeep Wrangler, and I drive a Ram 1500. Our street is flooded a little, but we're ok. We haven't lost electricity yet. I gotta get ready for work today. I'm a corrections officer at a prison hospital in Texas City. I work 1:00-10:00pm. So I'll probably head out a bit early due to the weather. 

If you don't have to work, hunker down and stay safe!

Marty

I put my wife in the same vehicle.  Keeps her up a bit higher off the ground.

I'm very familiar with the TDCJ facility in Texas City.  Before I retired I laid a few detainers on some that went through there on occasion.  That is a low area so be careful when you drive home.

1 hour ago, GRA said:

I put my wife in the same vehicle.  Keeps her up a bit higher off the ground.

I'm very familiar with the TDCJ facility in Texas City.  Before I retired I laid a few detainers on some that went through there on occasion.  That is a low area so be careful when you drive home.

Made it to work. There was a little street flooding, but nothing major. Gotta head in.  No phones alowed. 

51 minutes ago, shepp said:

Welcome from Wisconsin, sounds like your boy better get a second job to fix both your rides ?

Wisconsin? I'm originally from Darlington WI. Most of my family is from up that way. There and Livingston WI. I've been in Texas since I was 13. I'm an Army brat. We ended up at Ft Hood, and I haven't left Texas since, other than vacations. 

4 hours ago, mley1 said:

Wisconsin? I'm originally from Darlington WI. Most of my family is from up that way. There and Livingston WI. I've been in Texas since I was 13. I'm an Army brat. We ended up at Ft Hood, and I haven't left Texas since, other than vacations. 

I'm east of darlington, Janesville area