• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

7.62X39 Build

I got my delivery of the build kit for my 7.62X39 AR.  Everything was well packaged in a USPS priority mail box.

59ae12408c097_2017-09-0421_55_34.thumb.jpg.fa8c9192f97af9942d70911b664f76e7.jpg

This is what came in the box.

20170904_160340.thumb.jpg.1126571d1941657cb0dac8b1d043d043.jpg

I will put a Larue trigger in it and probably an SLR synergy brake that I have as well. 

I am new to this type of build, so I am open to discussing alternatives.

I put this thread in this forum to highlight our site sponsor, @MoriartiArmaments.

They were great to deal with and communication was prompt and personal when I had questions.  Packaging and shipping were without a problem.  I encourage anyone to buy from them if they find a deal on something they "can't live without."

I will post updates as I go through the build and figure out that I don't know as much as I hoped. 

nice! its prety close to ar but a few things arnt what they seem.. Cell Phone ! wow. what do you need to finish.. bcg, lower,.. @98. and you have fde it looks like a build brother!  mags do you have mags? shits ammo .. its getting harder to find since robo started this trend! ?

yep you will need that.. its suprising how accurate the x39 is and how cheep the ammo has been! so far im 2 guns deep and they are fun to shoot! for everyone ..thats where the price saving comes in. im thinking another x39 is on my list.. Thanks enabeler.. damn list!

My wife got stomach virus over the weekend so I didn't get to do as much as I hoped.  I did get the lower put together with the heavy spring on the Larue trigger.  The bolt catch spring went somewhere when I was trying to put it in and had to go to gun show on Sunday to get a replacement.  Any place to get a supply of replacement pins and springs (preferably without trigger parts)?  I glanced at Midway and Brownells but didn't find what I had envisioned.  I have seen what I think I want at other gun shows and may go there in the next week or two.

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

I buy these

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/trigger-hardware/trigger-springs/ar-15-spring-kit-prod24958.aspx

I also try to keep a large stock of detent pins. Other than that, most everything I buy is aftermarket upgrades. No need to keep a bunch of stock of parts that I usually replace anyways. 

Take down pins, selectors, mag release, bolt catch… I don't think I own a single stock part  on any of my personal rifles   

31 minutes ago, Robocop1051 said:

I buy these

http://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/triggers-parts/trigger-hardware/trigger-springs/ar-15-spring-kit-prod24958.aspx

I also try to keep a large stock of detent pins. Other than that, most everything I buy is aftermarket upgrades. No need to keep a bunch of stock of parts that I usually replace anyways. 

Take down pins, selectors, mag release, bolt catch… I don't think I own a single stock part  on any of my personal rifles   

I saw those when I looked at Brownells.  I was looking to avoid having more milspec trigger parts laying around.  I have one milspec trigger in an AR and it will soon be replaced with a Larue.  I've heard how a spare roll pin can lead you to building another gun.:lmao:

Edited by Armed Eye Doc

4 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

You might want to try PSA then. It's a few dollars more, but I think they have more exactly what you are looking for. 

http://palmettostatearmory.com/ar-15-05/lower-parts/repair-kits.html

That looks exactly like what I want.  Thanks!:thumbup:

Now I just have to add some ammo to see if I can get free shipping. 

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is with the optic mounted and the sling (that still needs to be attached).  I'm taking it out tomorrow for testing.  I let a friend look it over and test fire it.  He said it did well the first few rounds then would not cycle the bolt at all. It did not have much lube on it, so that may contribute some.  But I think the gas block might have moved.  

20171007_154745.thumb.jpg.d7de80e3beb314b3803ab00ecfd06fb7.jpg

I tested it today with mixed results.  It has a gas issue.  I believe the gas block is moving after a few rounds.  I got it to fire 5 or 6 in a row and then it would not pick up the next round.  It would load when manually pulling the charging handle. It would fire fine and eject the empty (I didn't look where) and not pick any more rounds. 

I had limited time and few tools so I will look into it more after I get home.