• Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Bushnell 1x4x24 scope

I said to myself, self don't buy anymore Bushnell Scopes , that was many years ago , so getting this one on sale for $100 was a gamble , but I like it , seems to be well made & clear glass , made in Korea , so it says , not bad . I have to order some 30 mm rings , not sure which yet , but Scope will go on one of my 5.56 AR's .

Weight with scope caps , 1# 15 oz.

DSCN3052.thumb.JPG.be8592e7eb53ff7ffe4595f5e3c0846c.JPG

DSCN3053.thumb.JPG.00ecbf2db71332b4278e636635287e7c.JPG

DSCN3054.thumb.JPG.20d5568961b3cd2ba93b0ed2320d639c.JPG

DSCN3056.thumb.JPG.ee7b86ff15024ff8568b81c1264c8b01.JPG

DSCN3057.thumb.JPG.ddeb6505c4dc34a4dd165ac1ce634328.JPG

DSCN3058.thumb.JPG.94ffbc0aa558a685c493344f511ce358.JPG

I ordered some 30mm Rings for the Scope yesterday . I had a hard time picking a Brand . I didn't want to break the Bank , ( so I'm cheap ) I didn't want to get a set of the massive six screw Ring type & I wanted them made in the USA . I wanted Steel , but Price kept them from almost all ( I'm cheap, OK ), so I found the Leapers UTG POI Rings .

http://leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&midx=962&allids=918_962&itemno=RWU013022

12 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

I ordered some 30mm Rings for the Scope yesterday . I had a hard time picking a Brand . I didn't want to break the Bank , ( so I'm cheap ) I didn't want to get a set of the massive six screw Ring type & I wanted them made in the USA . I wanted Steel , but Price kept them from almost all ( I'm cheap, OK ), so I found the Leapers UTG POI Rings .

http://leapers.com/index.php?act=prod_detail&midx=962&allids=918_962&itemno=RWU013022

I am going with Primary Arms one piece mid height mount for my 300 Blk.

I like almost all the one piece mounts , but unless I want to spend $ 200+ on a Larue mount ( which we know is one of the best ) , none of them fit my eye height , they are all too low . I have had a couple & sold them to happy new owners .

I'm even questioning these Rings , their Height is said to be  0.89" from Rail to Scope Tube bottom , I need close to an inch , but with the extra height ,because the scope is a 30mm Tube , it should be very close to what I require . At least I'm hoping it will be .

Update: Took it to the range mounted on my 300 Blk. The Dots on the reticle are really too big for precision work, but that isn't why I bought it so no problem. I sighted it in at 100 yards for my Supersonic handload, and then switched to my subsonic handloads and Seller and Beloit subsonic commercial. The third BDC dot down was right on the money for compensating for the subsonic loads at 100 yards. My hope is that if a suppressor requires further compensation, that the fourth (last) BDC Dot will align with that at 100 yards. Won't know until my stamp clears! But so far so good!

Sisco, I doubt that you'll see any appreciable bullet drop difference with a suppressor. General consensus is that a suppressor actually raises muzzle velocity a slight amount. What you MIGHT experience is impact shift with the suppressor on the gun but that could go pretty much any direction.

14 minutes ago, 392heminut said:

Sisco, I doubt that you'll see any appreciable bullet drop difference with a suppressor. General consensus is that a suppressor actually raises muzzle velocity a slight amount. What you MIGHT experience is impact shift with the suppressor on the gun but that could go pretty much any direction.

Thanks Hemi . There was a 1 inch shift to the left with the subsonic as well. Negligible at 100 yards. I will update when I get my suppressor.

Got the Rings & Mounted the scope o the Wife's  DI Carbine , these rings are impressive , well made & fitmeant of the 30mm scope in the rings fit like a glove . The height could be a hair higher , but It comes up with a good sight picture quickly . The wife says its perfect , so WTF , its on her rifle . Photo's to follow , I have to get a chance for some range time to sight her in & compare Chrono readings between my Piston rifle & this one ., hopefully Friday .

On 10/11/2017 at 0:35 PM, D.R.D. said:

I've got the same one mounted with an Aero Lightweight 1-piece mount.  It works pretty well.  The illumination on mine is pretty worthless though.  It's really only visible in low light, and gets washed out by the rifle-mounted tac-light.  

Where is your light mounted , side rail , bottom rail ? , just curious , because I'm going to gat a light , but haven't made up my mind yet , of which one .

Wonder how it would effect it with it at 6 o'clock or 9 or 3 ? Have you tried it in those positions ? Curious , because with Handguns , I have used lights with the light held in the hand & now want to attach one on a Rifle & Handgun , the handgun will have to be at 6o'clock , its where the rails are of course.

Edited by survivalshop

6 hours ago, survivalshop said:

Wonder how it would effect it with it at 6 o'clock or 9 or 3 ? Have you tried it in those positions ? Curious , because with Handguns , I have used lights with the light held in the hand & now want to attach one on a Rifle & Handgun , the handgun will have to be at 6o'clock , its where the rails are of course.

Depends on light activation more than anything, brother, on rifles.  With a tape switch, you can put the light anywhere.  I don't like remote switches, and don't use them.  I place the light on the 9 position on almost all my rifles (with lights), just for left hand, support hand, activation with my left thumb. 

Old 1998~2003-ish days in the Army, I had the issued Surefire light on the 3 position, always used the KAC vertical grip.  With your left hand around the vertical grip, it was easy to get to the tailcap on the Surefire with my left thumb, on the right side of the rail.  Easier to use ambi that way, too, if you needed to run the gun opposite.  Terrain, obstacles, and shooter preference account for where you mount your light on the rifle.  There will always be some masking and shadows, unless you're running the light at the very end of the barrel.

I Totally agree with 98Z5V.  The activation method that best suits your preferred grip will likely dictate the best position.  I run a sure X200 on my Glock, and use a "C-clamp" type grip on my AR forend with the index finger extended straight towards the target.  So, using my support hand thumb to sweep the butterfly switch of the X300 is almost identical to sweeping  it when holding my Glock.  Plus, as 98Z5V wrote, in the 12 or 6 o'clock position it's ambi if you need to switch sides.  

I run my lights on AR pistols and carbines at 3 O'clock so the don't interfere with strong side barricade shooting. My hunting and "out and about " rifles are set up at 9 o'clock for thumb activation. I tried the pad activation for a larger Surefire light I have but never found a place for it that felt comfortable and didn't lead to accidental activation. BCM has a mount that goes on at 9 or 3 but extends the light up higher, some day I will have one.

https://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Arson-Machine-Co-Keymod-Light-Mount-1-Ring-Blac-p/ars-ml-11kgb.htm

I've got two of these mounts, and love them.  They're offsets, like JT mentioned.  Still mounted at 9 on the rail, but the light sits up higher.  Very easy to activate with left thumb, and the higher mounts makes it easier to get to when running the gun opposite.  Reach over with right thumb.