• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Vegas Shooting

survivalshop

On 1/19/2018 at 1:33 PM, survivalshop said:

I counted 12 Bump Stocked AR 15"s of various brands .

If you look at that information closely, every single rifle that was listed with a 100rd magazine was listed as having a bump stock. There is no deviation in that report, from that.

The pictures don't agree with the written report.  You can clearly see rifles with SureFire 100rd mags that do not have bump stocks on them.

I saw no Beta C-Mag 100rd drum mags in any of those evidence pics, only SureFires, so I'm guessing that's all he was using, and I'm guessing that's all this report is referring to.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

16 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

If you look at that information closely, every single rifle that was listed with a 100rd magazine was listed as having a bump stock. There is no deviation in that report, from that.

The pictures don't agree with the written report.  You can clearly see rifles with SureFire 100rd mags that do not have bump stocks on them.

I saw no Beta C-Mag 100rd drum mags in any of those evidence pics, only SureFires, so I'm guessing that's all he was using, and I'm guessing that's all this report is referring to.

I counted from their list of Firearms . I did notice how many times they repeated themselves in that report , which I found strange . Now I have to look at the photos again .:laffs:

• 2 weeks later...

Yep...the gun dealer/ammo dealer....those are the real criminals here. Along with MGM for renting him a room, his internet provider and K-Mart for selling him his underwear....and everyone knows, k-mart sucks. 

Edited by DNP

I heard a brief part of a interview this morning & the BATF/E is charging him with manufacturing ammunition with out a license ! WTF 

I think they said he sold the shooter 720 rd's , but I didn't hear the whole interview or other info , they said he didn't even use any of his ammo in the shooting ( but what about the Fuel Tank shots ) found his name on a box of ammo & a finger print on a Bullet . 

Something about Tracer ammo , sounds odd , I need to find a transcript or an article about that news segment .

Sounding like the ammo he sold was legal but when they searched they found armor piercing ammo he was making. He is fubar if true. All the stories I have seen are being a little misleading on the exact ammo details.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/laurieroberts/2018/02/02/roberts-ammo-sellers-armor-piercing-bullets-found-las-vegas-shooters-hotel/303209002/

Edited by jtallen83

I'm not getting too worked up about that information just yet - we've been through this before, with Obama's ATF.  They wanted to classify M855 // SS109 as "armor piercing ammunition."  They wanted to classify solid-material projectiles as "armor piercing," just because they were one material, and a solid.  Barnes Bullets filed for an exemption for their TSX line of projectiles, and it took a very long time to get them back - and it was a short list.  The .224" 70gr TSX disappeared for quite awhile, because Barnes didn't put it on their original request for exemption.

So, who in the world knows how this FBI is classifying this ammo...  nobody does.  Are they using the older ATF definition, of the projectiles being a solid?  Who knows.

Sounds like bullshiit and a frame-job, though, if you ask me.

Edited by 98Z5V

5 hours ago, 98Z5V said:

Sounds like bullshiit and a frame-job, though, if you ask me.

That was my first though .

I too would like to know what was made to be AP.

I can tell a little story now , when we were testing hand gun ammo , both factory & hand loads , we were not impressed with the so called Block busters , we could not get any ammo to pierce an engine block , we had a donor car in a quarry , ( probably stolen , who knows ) we test it for door windshield & engine block performance . 

I was making hand cast Lead Bullets for hunting with my 44 mag pistols & I got this Forster Hollow pointer to make the cast SWC with HP's , well my little brain git to thinking , I can put something hard in that HP & make it perform better on the donor car . I got to work trying to find something to put in there , (Group discussion ,we had at  least a case of beer ) Roller Bearings , hardened Steel ones , found some old bearings from one of my HD ( had a good source ) ,found ones that fit tight & capped off the HP with some molten lead & away I went to load some Hot 44 mag rounds .

Testing was done with many in attendance , as usual & when i shot the Block , we thought the performance was normal with no penetration , well under further inspection , them things went right through Block, Piston , or course it didn't have a complete pass through , but it worked .

The only thing we could get a pass through ( some times ) was 30'06 AP .

So what was this guy making , was he turning them himself , Teflon coating them , what ?

50 minutes ago, survivalshop said:

So what was this guy making , was he turning them himself , Teflon coating them , what ?

Hand-turned solids, on a lathe, would be my guess.  I doubt we will ever find out.  The only thing we know now, and maybe forever, is that whatever it was, the MSM thinks "Armor Penetrating Ammunition" sounds pretty fuckin' evil, and they like using the words together...

• 2 months later...

They sure seem to be moving slow. I understand that to a degree but waiting so long after the flash bang kinda defeats the purpose doesn't it? 

1/75th room clearing training involved tossing in a grenade then immediately following the bang the room got sprayed with full auto as you scanned for threats. The good ol days when warriors got to train for war not policing.

3 hours ago, jtallen83 said:

1/75th room clearing training involved tossing in a grenade then immediately following the bang the room got sprayed with full auto as you scanned for threats. The good ol days when warriors got to train for war not policing.

Speed and violent action, or, your dead.

That wasn't a flash bang, that was a door breach. Shaped charge on the door blew that fucker wide open (see the door @ 00:03:28).

Remember too, they had been sitting on that room for an hour already. The shooting had ended a LONG time ago, and they were getting no response from inside. Shooting started at 2205 to 2215, and first officers were on scene at 2217. The door was breached at 2320, over an hour after the shots ended. They had that room under constant observation for so long, and not a single sound had come from inside. They had good reason to believe the shooter was dead or gone from the room. Even if the shooter was still alive/present, he would have had the opportunity to barricade and prepare for assault. He would've slaughtered an entry team at the doorway.

I'm actually against dynamic entries on non-assaulting suspects. Time is our best asset, and if we control that, then we control the scenario. Oakland PD learned this lesson the VERY hard way in 2009. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/20/2018 at 8:44 PM, 98Z5V said:

Going back to this piece of info, that report listed every single rifle that had a slidefire, had a 100rd mag.

I've searched and searched for pics of this hotel room, and this is the only rifle I could find that indeed had a slidefire, AND a Surefire 100. But...  LOOK at that stack of SF100s in the background!!!  Holy shiit!!!

SF100.thumb.jpg.4f955985831bc9379fc053c4c70babb6.jpg

Look at that picture! There’s proof that this guy didn’t know his dick from a door knob. 

Who dafuq puts a muzzle brake AND a slide fire stock on the same rifle? No wonder he couldn’t get his shit to work right. That idiot obviously had more dollars than “sense”. 

Still no word on what happened to Campos?

7 hours ago, Robocop1051 said:

Still no word on what happened to Campos?

I have tried to find something, anything but zilch info available!

I am curious to find out if Bill's accusations of falsifying the autopsy and other things are true. If true the claim he did not kill himself would put the event in a whole new perspective. I hope someone credible will continue to push this story forward to a conclusion, hate to see another conspiracy theory left for the next generation.