• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

An Airboat for SurvivalShop...

98Z5V

I always wanted an Airboat , but man, he said 100 MPH in an Air Boat ( at night ) has to be some ballsy $hit . Tuning remote is cool .

I have seen these Boats with Alison Aircraft Motors in them . I also noticed he has a Duoprop set up , counter rotating , probably for stability , I could see the torque with that motor flipping the boat over .

I want one !  I didn't see any of these on this motor ; from Florida regulations

Muffling an airboat's exhaust with automotive-style factory mufflers, underwater exhaust, or other manufactured device capable of adequately muffling the sound of the exhaust of the engine is required in Florida,:lmao:

We used to go striper fishing below the Texoma dam in airboats....pretty awesome boats...skip right over sandbars no problem...only thing is they are loud....you would think its the motor exhaust making all that racket....a lil from the motor but its the prop causing the most noise...just as in an airplane you are limited by prop speed...I havnt been around them for a long time,but I bet counter rotating props helps with speed....     Wash

18 minutes ago, sketch said:

damn you went straight over that shits! what kinda speed were running? thats impressive " gator glide"..

maybe 10? As you could see we were going left, there was another hunter there with dec’s when I dropped the camera I started signaling my buddy right were when went, we had jumped that bar on the left side in the dark when we came in but we were going 20 or so 

6 hours ago, Sisco said:

R2: Gotta add an airboat to your next episode.

4 hours ago, survivalshop said:

& we want it a fast one :lmao:

3 hours ago, Armed Eye Doc said:

With stealth mode capabilities. :laffs:

3 hours ago, unforgiven said:

and an 8 track. :banana:

I'll have to schedule a visit to the 308AR R&D facility and see what I can conjure up.

Airboats have some great uses...swamps sandbars fishing hunting and such....but putting a high dollar high horsepower engine in one is in my view a waste of horsepower...theres so many uses for 1000 plus horsepower, and an airboat would be way way down on my list....prop speed ,and working with it is the problem  gearboxes is prolly the best or possibly the only way to approach going fast ...and fast in an airboat isnt that fast...but it still makes ya smile ...guess thats why they make chocolate and vanilla ...what ever floats your boat :thumbup:

Wash

On 10/20/2017 at 3:35 PM, washguy said:

Airboats have some great uses...swamps sandbars fishing hunting and such....but putting a high dollar high horsepower engine in one is in my view a waste of horsepower...theres so many uses for 1000 plus horsepower, and an airboat would be way way down on my list....prop speed ,and working with it is the problem  gearboxes is prolly the best or possibly the only way to approach going fast ...and fast in an airboat isnt that fast...but it still makes ya smile ...guess thats why they make chocolate and vanilla ...what ever floats your boat :thumbup:

Wash

That video i put up of my buddies boat is powered by a 37hp surface drive mud buddy, the motor is a air cooled lawn mower engine basicly. It’s got heads ported polishes and a voodoopreformance exhaust. It’ll do 30mph with the two of us In it. It’s a 1754 (17’ 54” wide) seriously the most fun I’ve had in a boat not fishing.

Nelson racing sure builds some bad ass stuff, they're right around the corner from where I work, One of the guys I work with that is in pretty tight with them had them do some work done on his little MG - nothing like the chevelle but it is impressive for an MG - cool stuff!!:thumbup:

Edited by guruofhotrod