• Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Florida Deer

survivalshop

I had this guy in my back yard the other day @ 0730 , too bad I don't hunt anymore , this guy was chasing a Doe who was to the left out of the Photo, they had full attention on me taking the photo. I have a feeder close to them , but he wasn't looking for that kind of food :laffs:

IMG_3272.thumb.JPG.0bb7abe8dcac9b0d756ffff8f5169efb.JPG

Edited by survivalshop

12 hours ago, blue109 said:

Pretty sure there is a good sized bear up there as well. he said his trash can was dragged about 15' up that hill a few weeks ago. Dont imagine a raccoon could pull that off. 

idk, I got some pretty big raccoons around me. everything is bigger in the north. 

I have been having deer as close as 20ft to my house lately, I don't feed them, they just like my nice grass, but they best be careful I don't have a rifle within reach one of these days

18 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

idk, I got some pretty big raccoons around me. everything is bigger in the north. 

I have been having deer as close as 20ft to my house lately, I don't feed them, they just like my nice grass, but they best be careful I don't have a rifle within reach one of these days

Those are black bears dude.......

well black bears are a lot like coons. they go through garbage, are very curious, playful, like shiny things, and can be pretty funny. 

I have been having a problem with a skunk that seems to think he belongs on my deck. can't get a shot at him without it exiting and then going into my house or car... so I am taming him and turning him into a guard skunk. 

1 hour ago, ARTrooper said:

well black bears are a lot like coons. they go through garbage, are very curious, playful, like shiny things, and can be pretty funny. 

I have been having a problem with a skunk that seems to think he belongs on my deck. can't get a shot at him without it exiting and then going into my house or car... so I am taming him and turning him into a guard skunk. 

But coins can’t take your 4 burner gas grill 75 yards into to woods :laffs:

skunks knock on wood ive never had to tangle with one thank good, guy I hunt with got pissed on by a porcupine tho

21 hours ago, ARTrooper said:

PIssin' around with Mother Nature is dangerous business, brother.  Just trust me on this...  :lmao:

5 minutes ago, StainTrain said:

You can't trust a skunk. 

I have another "Mother Nature" story about a skunk, and my paper route as a kid.  It's not as bad as the deer, maybe worse than the beaver, but it was just bad... I don't think I've even told it here before.  It didn't go well...  

I hate skunks after fucking yellow jackets! I batteled a family of skunks under a rental house i was renting for 3 months. The babies are assholes! I got sent home from work a few times because my clothes stunk so bad. I stayed up many nights on the porch waiting for the basterds with two bbguns in hand..

12 hours ago, StainTrain said:

You can't trust a skunk.  I have tried my hand at negotiation and appeasement and all efforts were failures.   My pro tip of the day:  Don't shoot it near your home, car, or anything you frequent.

Fukin raccoon making a mess around my garbage cans. 3rd time was the last time. I get the 22 and smoke him in the can right before the school bus pulled up across the street.

Skunk- put a live trap somewhere and have an old tarp around, preferably water and air proof. If the skunk goes in the trap, approach from an angle that he can't see you. Throw the tarp over the trap and leave for a few days until he is asphyxiated. Shouldn't release. But to be sure, throw the whole mess away. Some of our local wildlife in our yard.

General Pictures 221.JPG

General Pictures 201.JPG

2 minutes ago, Sisco said:

Some of our local wildlife in our yard.

General Pictures 221.JPG

General Pictures 201.JPG

They make a crazy ass scream! We were camping in Ashland co forest about this time of year, just got settled into my tent for the night and I heard this scream like you hear on those Bigfoot shows, damn near shit myself!!! Then a friend a few weeks later said it was probably a gray fox

i had a possum on the deck at the patio last night that was a first, my one cat paws at the window when she sees somthing then when somthing comes close my other cat goes psycho 

39 minutes ago, unforgiven said:

Fukin raccoon making a mess around my garbage cans. 3rd time was the last time. I get the 22 and smoke him in the can right before the school bus pulled up across the street.

:laffs: Way to go brother ! that's what I call "taking care of business"   :thumbup:   Wash