• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Wasting $$$ for the good of the team

Robocop1051

On November 17, 2017 at 1:51 PM, Matt.Cross said:

Awesome, I LOVE putting out fires in the desert!

The worst part about it was that JB Matt called it. "I've got tracers, but that's a bad idea out here right now"

meanwhile the (other Matt)..."I've got tracers...lets mag dump into that pile of brush over there!!...

and to to think you get credit for being one of the smartest dudes on here.  You really gotta lay off the ice cold cokes...makes you do crazy things. I think I even heard GREG say, yell-whatever, "are you sure that's safe!?"

Edited by DNP

Tom and I have discussed cementing in some permanent, yet slightly hidden anchor points for our targets to make the setup a little easier. 

Also, next time we will be putting more people in charge of different events. That way we can keep a little more focused. It was like a A.D.D. Conference out there. We'll need board members, an agenda, and a couple of range masters next time. Most of you know where to go now...so we meet in the dirt. We'll make 2 scheduled trips to Walmart to pick up newbies and stragglers. 

2 hours ago, edgecrusher said:

I may officially be out for the spring, have an interview for a new position at work... more to follow....

Way to go Greg!

1 hour ago, DNP said:

Hell yeah....good for you!  I can't plan for anything more than two weeks out at the moment. 

Hell, I can't plan for anything less than 2 months away.

1 hour ago, DNP said:

By spring I may have my house sold and be living with my folks, renting a place, or with any luck trying to figure out what to build on a chunk of land. Who knows. Lots of work to do. 

You can park your camper in the empty lot next door ?

I need to make partner, and then let them sell the business at a minimum. I'd like to make partner and see the old guys retire....then I will definitely own property in AZ. I'm going to have to live here for the most part, but my getaway cabin will be waiting.  That's probably 10-15 years down the road for that one to play out though. I could see 10% in the next few years and a sale of the company would net enough to pack up and move away...which sounds nice, but running part of the company my grandfather started and maybe someday seeing one or both of my boys take it over would be worth more than anything I could make. Third generation only has a 4% survival rate in the business world, so I need to make sure I fall within that 4% first. 

I gotta get out of this house I'm in, wipe out the bills I have and hopefully early next year I can also waste some money for the good of the group. 

9 hours ago, sketch said:

i think their called adobies or something in the desert. give me some wood and ill build you a cabin anywhere you want! your youts can help pack lumber and pound nails? 

Hell yeah, we'll make two so you a spot to stay as well.