Sigelite

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, Sigelite said:

Warned you of me? Really?

Yeah.  That happened. 

In camp last week, he told us of this new guy that would be showing up.  "Give him some slack, he's kind of difficult - don't ban him right away, just get a feel for him first...  " 

And, here you are!... :laffs:

4 minutes ago, 98Z5V said:

Yeah.  That happened. 

In camp last week, he told us of this new guy that would be showing up.  "Give him some slack, he's kind of difficult - don't ban him right away, just get a feel for him first...  " 

And, here you are!... :laffs:

Good thing I drew first blood:fullauto:

This is what "friends do for friends" here... 

Sige, I don't know if you realize this yet... but you're already sucked in.  No kidding, it's already "too late" to get away.  Yeah, no joke - you're trapped here. I hope you're content with the confines of your cell, because there's no hope of escape.  Yeah, I know what you're thinking now... "I can get OUT of this..."...

No, you can't.  You're in. And you're screwed...   :laffs:

Welcome to .308AR.com, brother!!!    :lmao:

***  Leave your wallet at the door, tell us what your vision is, and don't question the charges on your card... trust us, you'll get what you're after...  ***

Edited by 98Z5V

GLADLY give that one out... :thumbup:

First is the projectile - a 405gr composite silver alloy badass slug from these guys - hit this page, hit 45 cal, and go to the one on the lower right - that's the 45-70 405gr pill they offer.  It's a performer.  :laffs:

http://www.oregontrailbullet.com/shop/

5a07e00589c98_45-70loadprojo.thumb.png.e948465c82dccbe5713e98542ab9353e.png

Next up is the new Hornady brass.  This brass shocked me -  it's like outerspace shiit, in it's price.  More than a buck a round, for new, unprimed brass.  Once I bought this rifle, and realized what brass cost, I almost shiit my pants...

003-8784.jpg

Next up is 50.0 grains of this magic, right here. IMR3031. 

123296.jpg

Now, there are THREE different loadings of 45-70 that you need to pay attention to. Trapdoor (lowest loadings), Modern 45-70 (includes all modern Marlins, Remington-Marlins, Rem-Lins, and Mar-Lingtons...), and Ruger #1.

That's lowest to highest.  You load something from a load reference for a Ruger #1 (strongest chamber there is) and you try to shoot that from your trap-door 45-70... and that trap-door gun will come apart in your face. Pay attention to load references when picking shiit to shoot/load from this beast. I kid you not.

I'm loading for the "modern 45-70" and I'm loading on the very, very mild side.  I've found references for Modern 45-70 that go up to 56.0 grains of IMR3031 for the 405 grain projectile...  I can't even fucking FATHOM that.No way in hell. One of the references I found had a STARTING load of IMR3031 at 51.0 grains...  Eff that. I'm at 50.0 grains, and it straight fucks you up. So, by ONE reference, I'm not even at the starting load...  This thing just sucks...

I'm loading 50.0 grains even of IMR3031under that 405 grain projectile, in new Hornady unprimed brass, standard CCI Large rifle primers, and it can knock a small human right on their ass when they shoot it.  What a fucked up cartridge to reload.  You can kill people just with the reloads, and the pain they're gonna take - they never have to be hit with the projectile, they just need to be kicked in the heart with the recoil...  I'd rather shoot the old Barrett M82 .50 Cal all day long than try to shoot this Mule-ish kicking bastard for AN HOUR.

Such a brutal gun.  Such a brutal load.  Such an absolute blast to try to fire for more than 20 rounds in a string...   :lmao:

I love the rifle... Demonic as it is, I just love it...  Kinda like my thing for blonde, crazy women...   :banana:

This is my skinny-ass kid shooting these handloads...   :laffs:

Edited by 98Z5V

On ‎11‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:57 PM, washguy said:

Welcome aboard Sige  !.

I dont know if Doc informed you ,but  this is a premium pay forum...to become a Gold Member please give Doc  100  in cash. You will receive your benefits shortly   :thumbup:      Wash

I think hammering my thumb is payment enough :thumbup:

On 11/11/2017 at 11:59 PM, 98Z5V said:

GLADLY give that one out... :thumbup:

First is the projectile - a 405gr composite silver alloy badass slug from these guys - hit this page, hit 45 cal, and go to the one on the lower right - that's the 45-70 405gr pill they offer.  It's a performer.  :laffs:

http://www.oregontrailbullet.com/shop/

5a07e00589c98_45-70loadprojo.thumb.png.e948465c82dccbe5713e98542ab9353e.png

Next up is the new Hornady brass.  This brass shocked me -  it's like outerspace shiit, in it's price.  More than a buck a round, for new, unprimed brass.  Once I bought this rifle, and realized what brass cost, I almost shiit my pants...

003-8784.jpg

Next up is 50.0 grains of this magic, right here. IMR3031. 

123296.jpg

Now, there are THREE different loadings of 45-70 that you need to pay attention to. Trapdoor (lowest loadings), Modern 45-70 (includes all modern Marlins, Remington-Marlins, Rem-Lins, and Mar-Lingtons...), and Ruger #1.

That's lowest to highest.  You load something from a load reference for a Ruger #1 (strongest chamber there is) and you try to shoot that from your trap-door 45-70... and that trap-door gun will come apart in your face. Pay attention to load references when picking shiit to shoot/load from this beast. I kid you not.

I'm loading for the "modern 45-70" and I'm loading on the very, very mild side.  I've found references for Modern 45-70 that go up to 56.0 grains of IMR3031 for the 405 grain projectile...  I can't even fucking FATHOM that.No way in hell. One of the references I found had a STARTING load of IMR3031 at 51.0 grains...  Eff that. I'm at 50.0 grains, and it straight fucks you up. So, by ONE reference, I'm not even at the starting load...  This thing just sucks...

I'm loading 50.0 grains even of IMR3031under that 405 grain projectile, in new Hornady unprimed brass, standard CCI Large rifle primers, and it can knock a small human right on their ass when they shoot it.  What a fucked up cartridge to reload.  You can kill people just with the reloads, and the pain they're gonna take - they never have to be hit with the projectile, they just need to be kicked in the heart with the recoil...  I'd rather shoot the old Barrett M82 .50 Cal all day long than try to shoot this Mule-ish kicking bastard for AN HOUR.

Such a brutal gun.  Such a brutal load.  Such an absolute blast to try to fire for more than 20 rounds in a string...   :lmao:

I love the rifle... Demonic as it is, I just love it...  Kinda like my thing for blonde, crazy women...   :banana:

This is my skinny-ass kid shooting these handloads...   :laffs:

Yah, that kind of load from a bench is a killer. There is no way to let the body absorb recoil and distribute it as it does when standing.

If you really want to screw someone up, have them shoot that prone. And make sure your hospital is close, they might need it to deal with the broken shoulder bones.

Our insurance company had one exception to shooting positions when we signed up with them during startup on the range I am involved with.....prone. Especially as we are a buffalo rifle club, and 45/70 is a mid range cartridge getting shot there. Most don't load anywhere near that hot, as 100 rounds makes one punch drunk ta the end of the day......

On 11/13/2017 at 3:39 PM, Sigelite said:

lol thinking of putting my son behind it. hell try anything:laffs:

That's how I suckered mine into it...  I shot it through a whole tube, and acted like it was nothing - he saw that and said he'd give it a go... Got him!   :lmao: