• Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Build 308 around barrel

Sigelite

On ‎11‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 7:36 PM, Sigelite said:

Sig      Ive owned this barrel...Not no but Hell No...its a heavy MOFO you will need a gun bearer to tote it around for you....I had mine on my rifle for I think two weeks...IT SUKS     nuff said     so what you wanna do with it? hunt a lil ?kill paper ? kill Zombies? Ive done all three with a 16" barrel. a good 16 will out shoot the shooter...before they closed the long distance range close by we would shoot steel out to 500...Im a lil sketchy at 500 but gimme 300/400 Im M.O.A with a 16"...its that last 100 yds that gets me..old tired eyes with a needle stuck in one...lol any of the 3 that 98Z mentioned will do the job...im kinda liking that  Faxon 16" gunner in QPQ   not too heavy ought to be a good one or go to the match series if they have the gunner profile. If you have penis envy go to an 18" barrel but no more than that....middy gas is always gonna be my choice on gas port length.... im always a sucker for flutes....maybe they help with heat?harmonics? weight? beats the crap out of me...I just like em   Theres a bunch of deals coming up right now ...so do a lil searching and report back    :thumbup:  Wash

21 hours ago, washguy said:

Sig      Ive owned this barrel...Not no but Hell No...its a heavy MOFO you will need a gun bearer to tote it around for you....I had mine on my rifle for I think two weeks...IT SUKS     nuff said     so what you wanna do with it? hunt a lil ?kill paper ? kill Zombies? Ive done all three with a 16" barrel. a good 16 will out shoot the shooter...before they closed the long distance range close by we would shoot steel out to 500...Im a lil sketchy at 500 but gimme 300/400 Im M.O.A with a 16"...its that last 100 yds that gets me..old tired eyes with a needle stuck in one...lol any of the 3 that 98Z mentioned will do the job...im kinda liking that  Faxon 16" gunner in QPQ   not too heavy ought to be a good one or go to the match series if they have the gunner profile. If you have penis envy go to an 18" barrel but no more than that....middy gas is always gonna be my choice on gas port length.... im always a sucker for flutes....maybe they help with heat?harmonics? weight? beats the crap out of me...I just like em   Theres a bunch of deals coming up right now ...so do a lil searching and report back    :thumbup:  Wash

I understand its gonna be heavy....that's what are for right? I plan on shooting whatever....paper, deer, pigs, zombies, docs trying to get my parts.....I would like to be able to stretch 1000 yards. not totally set on this barrel but definitely like the looks lol. gonna take another good look at those other barrels again after I get rid of this damn headache. like you I love the flutes.

Not that I can tell, so far.  All seems to still be here.

I had to frisk Rob, though.  Again.  :laffs:

I almost didn't get my Shockwave back...  but it would have been a fair trade.  He "couldn't find" his flare launcher for a minute...  :embarrassed:

1 minute ago, 98Z5V said:

Not that I can tell, so far.  All seems to still be here.

I had to frisk Rob, though.  Again.  :laffs:

I almost didn't get my Shockwave back...  but it would have been a fair trade.  He "couldn't find" his flare launcher for a minute...  :embarrassed:

a little bit of give and take huh :lmao:

• 2 weeks later...