• Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

Military Firearms available again

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive had the honor and privilage of holding and shooting a veietnam authentic 1911.. price would not hold me back from owning such a trophy. The real priceless part was to be able to shoot it with the man that carried it in battle! and they will shoot all day long!

15 hours ago, mineralman55 said:

If the price is right, then yes, I'll consider it. But...

I already have one manufactured in 1918. Don't really need to spend the money for another one.

thats awesom bro.. do you shoot it once and a while? I was able to shoot the vets with cardboard box issued surplus. Suprisingly it was dead accurate! I hope to see it in action again at the range.

Edited by sketch
good shits

7 hours ago, sketch said:

thats awesom bro.. do you shoot it once and a while? I was able to shoot the vets with cardboard box issued surplus. Suprisingly it was dead accurate! I hope to see it in action again at the range.

Once, many years ago, now it holds a place of honor in my safe. The story of how I got it is cool, but that's a tale if I get to an Arizona ar308 weekend... with a lot of good whiskey.

I had a WWII Remington Rand for a while , I would buy another for a respectable price .

When I first got it ( $ 125  , 1978 ) there was no front sight , I replaced it by straking another on & it blew off after the first shot :laffs:, so I fitted a new Barrel & Bushing ( both surplus parts ) & it was a great shooter after that .

And I still have the Barrel .:thumbup:  But not the Pistol .

Edited by survivalshop

More on how CMP will distribute 1911's .

CMP 1911 Information

To all CMP constituents:

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions:

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.

All laws pertaining to the sale of 1911s by CMP will be strictly obeyed.

Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting:  1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) successful completion of a NICS background check, 6) a signed copy of the 01 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to. 

The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person and successfully complete another NICS check by the recipient FFL holder before the pistol can be transferred.

Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.

CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery.

Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.

The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP. 

Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.

When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one.

As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grade and pricing options will be available. Again, this done completely random.

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer

Civilian Marksmanship Program

www.thecmp.org

6 hours ago, unforgiven said:

To have a 1911 from the 40's would be very cool for me. The hook with the 4473 having to be done twice killed it for me though.

I think they will out price what I'm willing to pay for one , but we will see . 

I was sent an update or correction from CMP today , I have to read it to see what was added or changed .

Updated rules or procedures for ordering a 1911 from the CMP.      Lotta Hoops to go through .

CMP 1911 Information

The CMP Board of Directors has discussed at length how the sales of 1911s would be handled, if the CMP were to ever receive them from the United States Army.

Some preliminary decisions further clarified updated 12/12/2017:

CMP will have an all-new 1911 order form, 1911 purchasing instructions, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated 1911 FFL fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send their FFL with customer's name attached. The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is an FFL governed operation and is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to the old CMP records. 

Decisions concerning the grade and pricing of the 1911s will not be made until inspection has occurred of a substantial quantity which will take an estimated 150 days post receipt.  CMP will price at fair market value in accordance with CMP's enabling legislation.

Potential purchasers will have to provide to CMP a new set of documents exhibiting:  1) proof of U.S. Citizenship, 2) proof of membership in a CMP affiliated club, 3) proof of participation in a marksmanship activity, 4) a new form 2A with notary, 5) a signed copy of the 01, 02, 07 Federal Firearms License in which the 1911 will be transferred to.  These are "store front" FFLs.

A NICS background check will be performed by CMP on the customer to assure the customer is eligible to purchase prior to shipment to the "store front" FFL licensed dealer. The customer must receive a "proceed" from NICS prior to shipment of the pistol to the FFL licensed dealer.

The CMP customer will be required to complete a form 4473 in person at the FFL dealers place of business, successfully passing a NICS check, in which the information is provided by the FFL holder to NICS, before the pistol can be transferred.  This is a second NICS check performed on the customer.

Qualified CMP customer will only be allowed to purchase one 1911 per calendar year.

No 1911s available in the CMP stores, or on line, only mail order sales.  All 1911 orders will come in via USPS, UPS, Fed EX, etc.

CMP will set the date in which it will accept orders for the 1911s. The date will be posted to the world.

Orders will only be accepted via mail order delivery, USPS, UPS, Fed Ex, etc.

Orders will only be accepted post marked on the date or after, no early orders.

Once CMP receives 10,000 orders, customer names will be loaded into the Random Number Generator.

The Random Number Generator will provide a list of names in sequence order through a random picking process to CMP. 

Customers will be contacted in the sequence provided by the Random Number Generator.

When the customer is contacted a list of 1911 grades and pricing options that are available will be offered for selection of one 1911 type pistol.

As CMP proceeds down the sequenced list less grades and pricing options will be available. 

Note: 1911 type pistols purchased from CMP cannot be transferred to 03 FFL (curio and relic) license.  BATF and the United States Army prefer the second background check be performed by a "store front" FFL dealer.  Each customer purchasing a 1911 type pistol from CMP will be subjected to two NICS background checks, one the information provided by CMP to NICS and the second the information will be provided to NICS by the FFL dealer in which the pistol is shipped.

Ordering Information: CMP will have an all-new 1911 order form, 1911 purchasing instructions, a 1911 page on our web site, a dedicated 1911 FFL fax number and email address for the FFL holder to send their FFL with customer name attached. The customer will have to send in a complete new order packet with all new qualifying criteria included. Everyone will be a new customer, everyone starts with no advantage or disadvantage. CMP 1911 is an FFL governed operation and is a separate entity from CMP and has to have its own record keeping operation with no ties to the old CMP records. 

Concerning sale price of the 1911s: CMP has been selling M1 Garands, M1 Carbines, 1903s, .22s, etc. for 21+ years and we have never taken advantage of anyone. CMP is not going to start price gouging people now with the 1911s. The 1911s will be priced at fair market value just like our M1 Garands.  The CMP's enabling legislation directs sales of items at fair market value.

Mark Johnson

Chief Operating Officer

Civilian Marksmanship Program

www.thecmp.org

www.TheCMP.org 

JOIN OUR EMAIL LIST

Edited by survivalshop

• 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, jtallen83 said:

I can't imagine that price would hold for long, there just aren't that many serious collectors to maintain that level of pricing. I know I won't have one if it is even half that!

Same here. It seems to defeat the original purpose of CMP.