• Visit EuroOptic
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit Rainier Arms
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Palmetto State Armory
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Sportsmans Guide

New member from Virginia - AR10 chambering issue?

Mike703

6 minutes ago, Mike703 said:

Oops 7.675” (PSA receiver extensions)  Armalite AR-10 Carbine Receiver Extension, and 7 5/8" is the number.

thanks for the info!

Fixed that.  That's the Armalite AR-10 Carbine receiver extension.  Some PSA PA-10 receiver extensions were 8.000" internal depth, not sure if you were aware of that - and it's being fixed at PSA. Kudos to them on that part, because they listen, adapt, and fix it.  :thumbup:

Look, guy - I'm here to help, not hinder.  That's why I asked for the info up front.  The take-away from this should be: When people here are asking you for info, it's for a reason.  They want to help, and solve the issue you're describing.  Sometimes, they'll ask for more details - they're not trying to be dikcs - it's just that your description doesn't match anything in the known gun-universe, and they need more details as to what's really going on.  The perfect example of this is:  "I'm having a double-feed!" Really. You have two live rounds trying to enter the chamber at the same time? THAT is a magazine issue, and it's not going to be anything else.  Ever.  Come to find out, they have a Failure to Extract (FTE), or a Failure to Eject (also FTE) issue.  Those two mafunctions don't have to do with magazines, like a true Double-Feed does...

I hope you can smell what I'm spreadin' here...  :thumbup: