Jump to content
308AR.com Community
  • Visit Brownells
  • Visit AR15 Builder
  • Visit
  • Visit Site
  • Visit Beachin Tactical
  • Visit
  • Visit Ballistic Advantage
  • Visit Aero Precision
  • Visit Cabelas
  • Visit Faxon
goinbroke

What did I get myself into?

Recommended Posts

Hi from the Seattle, WA area.

Fell into this AR-10 thing recently without knowing what it was. Landed an Armalite AR-10 B-series and went to the range yesterday to sight in some glass for it: shot 1.25" groups @ 100yds with a standard, creeps through a mile-long gravel parking lot before it breaks, military trigger, and military surplus ammo. Needless to say I have a match trigger on the way and some match ammo screaming to be shot. I expect (hope?) to get sub MOA groups, which out of a semi auto, AR platform rifle is just insane to me!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

welcome aboard from your northwest!

these fellas can help you go broke in a hurry!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Howdy from the Texas side of the borders......LaRue makes an excellent 2-stage trigger which will leave enough in your wallet to start on your next build!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/3/2017 at 10:45 AM, goinbroke said:

Hi from the Seattle, WA area.

Fell into this AR-10 thing recently without knowing what it was. Landed an Armalite AR-10 B-series and went to the range yesterday to sight in some glass for it: shot 1.25" groups @ 100yds with a standard, creeps through a mile-long gravel parking lot before it breaks, military trigger, and military surplus ammo. Needless to say I have a match trigger on the way and some match ammo screaming to be shot. I expect (hope?) to get sub MOA groups, which out of a semi auto, AR platform rifle is just insane to me!

I told some of my bolt action buddies that AR's could be very, very, very accurate and some of them are finally coming around. Welcome!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, EngrBob said:

Howdy from the Texas side of the borders......LaRue makes an excellent 2-stage trigger which will leave enough in your wallet to start on your next build!

Have a HIPERFIRE HIPERTOUCH 24C already on the way. A lot of the guys I shoot PCC with swear by them and there was a black Friday deal on them for $160. Strangely enough, the rifle actually fell in my lap after I'd ordered it. It must have been meant to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, AMERIKINSHIP said:

I told some of my bolt action buddies that AR's could be very, very, very accurate and some of them are finally coming around. Welcome!

Yeah my lady's old man is a retired fed. He did firearms instruction for years and is a dedicated bolt gun guy (although he's dabbled with a few AR-15s). He was at the range with me and was floored by the accuracy of the thing under the conditions (poor trigger, poor ammo, poor-ing rain).

We shot a PTR 91 that I acquired along with the AR 10 that shot 1.75" @ 100yds with open (!) sights using the same surplus ammo. The PTR is an older A-series when JLD was still using the Wilson heavy barrels and has a trigger job done by an HK specialist around here. I'm excited to put some glass on that beast soon, too.

All in all, I think he's turned the corner and had become a believer in semi auto platforms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

oh brother you will not stop at one or two.. ive been telling myself, self buy a bigger safe.. you should heed my warning and buy a bigger safe than you think you need!  get you a side job or ten and get your inlaw to do the buddy system. Hes surely hooked now also.:lmao:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hell, my safe is already full, aaaannnd my in-law has 3 that are full. At this point I might as well just convert the entire spare room into a giant safe. 

Is there a cure for this??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Broke  The Hiperfire 24c is badazz I tried to use one in one of my DPMS lowers but it didn't wanna work correctly so I moved it to a 6.8 ar15...no problems...this was an early adopter trigger...I even think at one time they had a blurb about them misbehaving in certain ar308 lowers...... use the light springs forgot which color they are....one crisp trigger...be sure you get the inside spacers on in the correct way.....heck they might not even be doing that with yours now days...Congrats   :thumbup:  Wash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, goinbroke said:

Hell, my safe is already full, aaaannnd my in-law has 3 that are full. At this point I might as well just convert the entire spare room into a giant safe. 

Is there a cure for this??

Yes there is....when you have a three level bunker....then you know you have an addiction.....but you have three levels....its all good! :laffs:  Wash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was hoping to save him a lil $ but he went full 1% deplorable before he joined.. wash has him pinned for bunker ideas!:lmao: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:30 PM, sketch said:

I was hoping to save him a lil $ but he went full 1% deplorable before he joined.. wash has him pinned for bunker ideas!:lmao: 

Does anyone have a ground penetrating radar unit and/or backhoe I can borrow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×